Police: Wilkinsburg Woman Bought Newborn For $1,000...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
PITTSBURGH -- Police said a woman brought a newborn boy to West Penn Hospital with its umbilical cord still attached and claimed the baby was hers, but a hormone test determined she was never pregnant.

Police said Andrea Demus, 38, of Wilkinsburg, bought an infant for $1,000 Wednesday.

Demus arrived by ambulance Wednesday at West Penn Hospital with a newborn baby boy.

Police charged her with endangering the welfare of a child after she confessed to them that she bought the baby from a woman named Tina, who brought the baby to her home.

According to the criminal complaint, she said she had a recent miscarriage, so she agreed to buy a baby.

While leaving the Wilkinsburg Police Department, Demus said, "I didn't do nothing."

Records show that Demus was arrested twice in 1990 for kidnapping a 3-year-old from Children's Hospital and for trying to abduct a baby from a home.

She was arraigned overnight and is now at the Allegheny County Jail.

The baby is doing well at West Penn Hospital.

Police said they do not know who the mother of the baby is, although Demus said Tina is the mother of the infant. Pittsburgh police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said they are looking for the mother. "I'm sure there is a concern that there could be an injured woman somewhere or if there's a woman seeking treatment for her follow-up care after giving birth," Stangrecki said.

Police: Wilkinsburg Woman Bought Newborn For $1,000 - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Really? The woman who won't report her child missing, and now someone buying a baby for $1000. What the hell is wrong with this world?

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
I actually feel kinda bad for her. I was all sorts of crazy after my miscarriage. Not buying babies crazy. But pretty GDed crazy. I think it's the worst thing a woman can go through. :(

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
No doubt miscarriages are difficult. My ex-wife and I went through one. But to totally flip out like that? There has to be something a little deeper there to set someone off like that.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah and plus she kidnapped a couple other babies... something is wrong.

I hate the world. I never read or watch the news, because it pisses me off. And now that I have a child of my own, if I see anything to do with children on TV that's sad, or read about it, I start to cry sooooo easily. It's rediculous.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I'm torn on this one. If what shes saying is true then at least it may be possible for the child to have a parent that wants them. She obiviously really wants to be a parent. On the other had if shes a complete nut job and she killed a pregnant woman and stole her baby....are there enough mental health professionals in the world to help her? Public hanging?