Poor Sam!...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Actually I find it funny but I would never tell her that lol

She has her first ever big girl job, she is currently doing 5 weeks of training and the hours are 5-2 pm. This is a girl who normally goes to bed at 2, even as a little girl she was a night owl (like her dad). This shift is killing her, when she goes to her regular shift the hours will be 2 pm-11 pm, which for her will be great.

Yesterday she came home laid on the couch and passed out, she woke up when Megans date came to get her (first date) so she could warn him "If you hurt my sister, I will kick you in the nuts". Sam semi-knows the guy . Then promptly went back to sleep on the couch.

Since she wasn't waking up I made sure her lunch was ready, her coffee was ready so all she had to do was turn it on and I set the alarm on my phone so she couldn't be late. What was sweet is that when I woke up this morning she had texted me thank-you and that she loved me...awe .

To top it off she had said a few days ago that she would never complain again about how much her dad slept. That now she finally understood

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
How nice. what is the job if you dont mind me asking?

Kids are so cute when sleepy or sick.

Every time I see you post something with her name in it. I get "I do not like green eggs and ham Sam I am" stuck in my head like a bad song.

Last edited:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
How nice. what is the job if you dont mind me asking?

Kids are so cute when sleepy or sick.

Every time I see you post something with her name in it. I get "I do not like green eggs and ham Sam I am" stuck in my head like a bad song.
It's at a Verizon call center. She had to take 2 test in order to get in but they are one of the few places that will train people with no work experience up here if you can pass their stupid entrance exam.

Green Eggs and Ham used to be her favorite story when she was little. I even knew it word for word at one point lol ITo this day I address her as "Sam I am".

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Sleepy, sick kids are always cute :)

Good for Sam! I'm sure it's not easy for her and I have to give her some credit for sticking to it. Switching from a night owl to an early bird is like having jet lag. Or like having a new baby. Sleep deprivation sucks. By the time her training is over she is going to be an early bird and have to change back to a night owl!!! Ahhh!!!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
The poor girl has been struggling. She has come home twice this week and passed out on the couch. It doesn't help that she got sick the day before she had to start, but she is getting better.

She has been counting the weeks till she can go to her regular schedule, or at least the "protected one". That's where they are on the floor and their mistakes are not counted against them and its from 8-4 for two weeks. That won't be so bad for her but because of where we live she has to be up by 2:30 in order to get ready and get to her job cause it's almost an hour away.

I'm proud of her because it is a huge adjustment for her.