Pregnancy Rosacea ??...

stepmother22

PF Regular
Feb 20, 2008
hi im due Aug 15 with my first pregnancy second child (i have a stepson) but anyways,, i have so many questions and most have been answered but i have a new one,, has anyone been having PregnancyRosacea ?? i have heard about the glow pregnant women get and they say that redness in the face is common but man,, i look like santa claus,, its horrible,, no matter how much make up i put it gets worse,, and im very light skinned so it doesn't take much to make my face red,, but lately i can tell when it gets really red cuz i get hot flashes ... anyone else having this problem ??? oh yeah,, im 15 weeks and 3 days <SIZE size="125"> </SIZE>

stepmother22

PF Regular
Feb 20, 2008
now im 17 weeks and i broke out in a rash, mostly on my legs and stomach,, it look like lil red circles,, i dunno what this is, i had it before like 5 years ago and the doctor said it was a type of Rosacea that usually occurs on parts of the body that do not have direct sunlight,, and i guess since its been cold it could spread to my legs,, it doesn't bother me im just concerned,, i don't feel like goin see a dermatologist though :arghh:

stepmother22

PF Regular
Feb 20, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Week 18: The Skinny on Skin&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Seeing spots — on your face? A line down your lower belly? Skin tags dotting your upper arms? No need to adjust your television set — or dash to the dermatologist. These strange skin symptoms (and more — how about darkening moles? Heat rash?) are all normal, and all temporary. Hormones are to blame (when are they not to blame?), but the sun can make many of these complexion matters worse. So stay shaded whenever you can (now's the time to make a fashion statement with the wide-brimmed hat) and apply an SPF of at least 15 when you venture out in the daylight (sunscreen is safe and smart to use when you're expecting). Check out all skin eruptions with your practitioner at your next visit, but don't let them make you want to hide. (Don't forget, Cindy Crawford's mole made her a supermodel!)&lt;/r&gt;

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
my skin always goes crazy when I'm preg...dry, itchy, patch, oily....you name it it happens to me...lol