pregnancy symptoms - please help....

momat18

PF Regular
Aug 12, 2011
i am having sore boobies but no other symptom. could i be pregnant?
have anyone of you ever experienced that. i mean only one pregnancy symptom. my period is due on friday.

We are TTC, but i just decided i would rather wait longer. i have a son aged 4.5. if i dont end up pregnant after all, i am going to get some contraceptive. i had that ring inserted before. but i dont know why i gained 10 kgs (i didnt control and exercise). has any of you had weight gain issues with the ring??

another thing, is a HPT reliable one day after your missed period and i use a cheap one that is easily available at the pharmacy opposite to my house but it says "detects one day pregnancy"

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Breast soreness can be an early sign but it can also be a sign that you are about to get your period, so it's really not a reliable sign.

All types of hormonal contraceptive have the possibility of weight gain as a side effect, personally I have never been on nuvaring but one of my best friends has it and she dd not gain any weight, that said, she was previously on the depo shot and gained a lot of weight from that, yet I have been on depo for several years with no weight gain at all. It is different for every person.
Whenever you are looking into hormonal contraception, however, you need to be certain about when you want to begin to try and have another baby, especially if you are having any type that is implanted.

Some home pregnancy tests can be reliable one day after a missed period, but the longer you wait the more reliable it will be.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I refuse to use any hormonal birth control because it makes me miserable. Anything from moodiness, zero libido, to weight gain. Not worth it to me. I've had no trouble preventing pregnancy without it.

Anyway, yes sore breasts even as an only symptom can be a sign. As Cybele said, it can also be a sign of oncoming period, but with pregnancy (in my experience) it will be noticeably more intense. It's funny you ask, because when we were TTC for my youngest, that was also my first (and at first, only) symptom. It happened with periods before that, but this time I questioned it because of the intensity. I even tested right when it started, but it was negative. About a week later, I tested again and got a positive. It's hard to say when the tests will pick it up, so all I can say about that is to keep testing until you either get a positive or start your period. Good luck! :) I'm sure even if you are pregnant, everything will work itself out.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
HAHA, akmom.

Hormonal BC always works the opposite for me, which is why I have 3 children all conceived while I was "on the pill" and when I say on the pill I mean "when I remembered to take the pill". Which is why I am no longer on it.

buyersmiling

Nov 19, 2013
Hi, Nice topic! I am already married for so many years and I think , I will be able to share some points about pregnancy issues. First, a woman have different ways of conceiving. Based on my own experience, nausea especially in the morning during the early months is possible. Second, I am craving for foods that I don't usually eat and third, I notice then that I am gaining weight during those time. However, it may really depend on how you are going to feel. The most important advice that I could give is to visit your doctor soon.