Problem with my 4.5 year old...

mum

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Hi,

I have noticed a problem with my son and don't know how to fix it.
My son is 4.5 years old. Lately, many times, I have caught him fiddling with his penis. He rubs it real hard as if he were mastrubating.
I have shouted at him, told him to stop, put ice on his penis but still he does it whenever no body is around.
I don't know where he learnt it from, he doesn't tells me where he learnt it all he says is that he likes doing it.

If anyone out there has faced a similar issue could they share how they corrected it?

I have bought him Wii to keep him distracted. My husband plays with him in the evenings to tire him out but so far nothing has worked.

Thanks.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Hi there...I faced (and still do) a similar problem with my 4 year old daughter, which initially brought me to this site...I've been here ever since. :)

Child "masterbation" is perfectly normal. You'll find TONS of research out there to back that up. My advice to you is to tell him that if he's going to do that to do it in the privacy of his own room, as you don't want to see it. That seems to have done the trick for my daughter.

I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish with the ice...unless you thought it was some kind of sore or rash that you were trying to relieve.