questions about ignore function...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Hi, I never really used the ignore function on forums, so I'm not exactly sure how it works.

For instance, if I put someone on ignore, do I just have to deal with the convo not making much sense? I guess there is no way around that?

I really would prefer to not have to do it, but in order to control my own behavior ;) And make sure I don't say anything I will regret, It's necessary.

Also, if I add someone to ignore, is it a done deal, or can I later choose to remove them from the list? And, if I am ignoring someone, if someone else quotes that person's post, will I see that?

Thank you!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
you wil not see what they put, it would just be missing from the conversation. I am fairly confident that you can put them back on though once they are ignored

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I've never used it here, but I used it for a short time on medialine, when there was a few who were sabotaging every thread with their personality clashes.
I was able to see when somebody quoted them - but if somebody has a tendency to be out of line, the only person quoting them is PROBABLY the person they are bickering with... whom i also had on ignore. Meaning I didn't see their posts either.
I was able to take it off when it seemed like things cooled down.

Oddly enough, that was a new feature when they switched the format, and there was a lot of controversy over its introduction. I didn't get their perspective, but some felt that people should not be able to cut out things they didn't want to be exposed to. Which doesn't make sense, because we all do the similar everytime we chose whether or not to open a thread in the first place.
In my short experience, it didn't really make a big difference as far as being able to follow the thread