Questions on Abortion...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Ari2 said:
Lastly, did you and your mom file a police report? If not, you both should, even after the fact. With a reported case of rape, your local hospital may agree to do some type of abortion (depending on the dates) for free. Many hospitals provide this as long as the woman has filed a report and is working with the police - the hospital just absorbs the cost or works something out with the state.
I was wondering this as I drove home the day I saw this thread. After my sister was raped recently, they provided 'the morning after' to her after her SANE exam. I can only assume this policy changes according to locality

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
unknown said:
Hello all,

im 16 years old, and before everyone gets into parenting mode and attempts to make me feel inferior in anyway, please read the whole post before hand.

Im 16, and all my life ive been preparing myself for college, never got a B in my life. Never had a boyfriend in my life. School has been my number 1 priority.

Im pregnant. Except i don't know how to go about getting it aborted. NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS, I'M GETTING THIS ABORTION.

I'm very much against it, but i don't have a choice, and its breaking me emotionally already.

It's only been me and my mom, my dad walked out of our lives right before i was born. My mom has been struggling, so my schooling was my way of repaying her for taking great care of me.

A month and a half ago, a man broke into our duplex and beat my mother, after knocking her out cold, he raped me.

Here i am, throwing up, knowing my virginity was taken from me, by a man i didnt know. He was able to fertilize one of my eggs, and here i am now.

Thing is, i don't want to go through this, and i know im 100% against abortion, except its not fair to me, my studies, to the baby...

im only looking to see how much everything will cost, and where i should go to make it happen, as my mother doesn't have a lot to put out.
Hey
I'm really sorry to have heard you have had to go through this. The best possibility is to go to your family doctor. He/She should then referr you to either an abortion clinic or a local hospital that does abortions. Your other option is to look for abortion clinics in your city or hospitals that have a womens clinic in it.
Best of luck, and i know its hard....believe you me i know its hard, but sometimes it is the best thing to do.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I'd love to help you in any way I can, and I will never make you feel inferior...in fact right now, I feel inferior to you.

I can't and will not say that you are making the right or wrong decision, but if you need to talk I will listen.

There is now a special place in my heart for you and I wish you all the best.

Aylimn

Banned
Aug 2, 2008
In the city I lived in, there were abortion clinics listed right in the phone book and they would provide the details regarding costs. If this is not the case where you are from, then you could contact Planned Parenthood via email or the phone and get the address and contact number for the nearest clinic to you.

Best of luck, Missus! You're a survivor!