"Moderated" threads?...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
what's up with these?

Sorry to be out of the loop - why are they "moderated" how did they get that way and what are we supposed to do about them?

Clueless....

cg admin

Administrator
Oct 30, 2008
IADad said:
what's up with these?

Sorry to be out of the loop - why are they "moderated" how did they get that way and what are we supposed to do about them?

Clueless....
Moderated means I removed them, or "soft" deleted instead of "hard" deleted. If it's spam I remove it but it soft deleting leaves trace that it was there to us staff. Those can't be seen by members though.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I think members are seeing them. I wondered the same thing.

How did you decide what was spam? The ones I've seen, seem to be genuine questions.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Why are there so many moderated threads? Most of what is being moved appears to be legitimate questions? Am I missing something?

cg admin

Administrator
Oct 30, 2008
I obviously do not remove anything that I don't definitely feel is spam. They may look real but a lot of times they are not. I haven't removed anything in awhile though. Are you noticing new ones?

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I think I have figured it out. They need to be approved by us first, then they show up in the feed. Maybe something in the new set up?

cg admin

Administrator
Oct 30, 2008
Yes that should be right. They aren't being deleted cause I haven't needed to for a good while. If the posts awaiting approval are spam just disapprove it. If they're legit then go ahead and approve it. :)