"Quick Links: Today's Posts" broken...

Andrew W.

PF Regular
Jul 22, 2013
Missouri
I opened a link to "Today's Posts" in the Quick Links section, but when I try to follow them, they all give me:

vBulletin Message

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Edit: Okay, now all four links work. But there were like a dozen before. And I didn't do anything with my cookies yet or log out and log back in.

Last edited:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hm, I'm not sure, I'm sorry that happened to you. :/ I clicked on it, and it's working for me too. Possibly just a glitch. Might be related to some threads we just closed/deleted. Can't say for sure. Let us know if the problem persists.

Andrew W.

PF Regular
Jul 22, 2013
Missouri
It worked initially, because I used it to go to the "Taking on too much" thread, which was the oldest one I hadn't seen. When I finished my post there and tried to look at the rest of them, I got that message.

Now (besides this thread) there is only a single thread with more recent activity shown. So most of the activity from yesterday isn't showing up anymore. Did the board crash and go to a back-up, maybe?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
No, like I said, we just closed and deleted a lot of threads. Like, a lot. Another way to see threads with new posts in it would be to click the "New Posts" button at the top, or to go to your subscribed threads for any that you posted in personally to see if there are new replies.

Andrew W.

PF Regular
Jul 22, 2013
Missouri
Ah, I see. You deleted the whole Avianmosquito saga. I guess all of his threads are gone. That would be pretty much all of a day's activity, maybe a few days'.

Was there some smoking gun that I missed, or just a final straw?

I gave up on him not for any of the over-the-top elements of the situation, but when he claimed to be from the Seattle region, home to three Sudbury schools. He could have found that information on wikipedia with a simple search--I did before I posted just to make sure they were fairly widespread--but posted that there was no chance of finding a Sudbury school near him without even checking.

That suggestion was by no means an incendiary or even emotionally charged one.

It was clear then that even if he was who he claimed, he had no interest in anything anyone said.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
There was a big to do, which involved Xero and I doing some background checking on him. We can say that he is from the Seattle'ish area. I don't know the area well, since I have never been there lol

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and give a little info that we did discover because he does seem to hit up a LOT of forums. He almost always uses the same name, that may change now once he see's this thread (which sometimes they can, and do come back to look). We are fairly certain he goes by the name of Jeremy Williams, and he lives in the Lake Stevens area.

I'm letting this out there, that way if he does show up on other forums, you guys/anyone who reads this will know to alert their moderators.

We do have a little more info but we will leave it at that.