Reading!...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
We were in Walmart today, and my son was reading words as we passed by things! Yay! Not big words like Astroglide, but short stuff. It was pretty neat :)

*cartwheel*

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I don't know how i missed this thread before, but wanted yo uto know it was not just ignored!

That is great! Go Bradley, soon he will be reading the big words too

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I missed it too...sorry fooser. I love when DL reads little words. It's amazing what they actually know but they don't let us know they know...teehee...like that makes sense

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Feed into that. Take him places and play games seeing what all he can read and you pretend not to know them (although you probably don't) Just an FYI the sticky note company makes sticky that have easy words already printed on them that you can put all over your house and he can read. I can't stress enough that that's where it all begins. Get him into reading and you set him up for life!!
Good job Bradley!!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Last week I walked into Pre-School to pick him up...and all the kids were at the table playing with play doh....and Bradley was all the way across the room by himself reading a book! That was just the coolest feeling :)

Also he's been reading the entire line of books by himself, without help!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Thanks!

I'm trying to teach him about the solar system and Earth...

But whenever I ask him why the sun sets, he still says because it's sleepy.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Sure, it is Kim.

I like doing experiments, it is so funny some of the questions they come up with and sometimes just the thing to do is show them. Hannah once asked me if we took all of the penguins in the whole world and stood them on top of each other and put them in the deepest part of the ocean would the penguins stick out over the water, or would there be more water. OF course I have no idea. So I just took the opportunity to show her about water displacement using blocks and a glass of water.