Recommend a book?...

Jessie

PF Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2008
I'm a member of a book club and soon I may have to be the one to pick a good fiction book for our group. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

(BTW, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. I didn't notice a book or entertainment forum.)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
It depends on what genre you are looking for.

Mystery/medical "Postmortem" by Patricia Cornwell, it's the start of a great series.

Romance/life "Birthright" By Nora Roberts.

Paranormal "Guilty Pleasures" By Laurell K Hamilton

Mystery/Political "The White House Connection" By Jack Higgins

And then there is Slaughter House 5, My DD swears by it.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
I agree genre would help. Some of my favourite books that would generate good discussion are
"Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card
"Jennifer Government" by Max Barry
"The Chrysalids" by John Wyndam

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

mom970

Jul 23, 2008
PA
I purchased "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch I haven't been able to read it but it got good reviews and he was a good professor and speaker. I got it for my husband so I am waiting for him to finish it before I read it.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I am currently reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. Yea, it's the same woman who wrote those teenage "Twilight" series books, but I enjoy them.

I also LOVE Jodi Picolt. She wrote "My Sister's Keeper" and some other popular novels.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
The Alienist by Caleb Carr is a great murder mystery. It's a little graphic though so proceed with extreme caution.

I also like Star Wars books but I guess that you have to be into that sort of thing.