Reported Post by Aunt...

Aunt

PF Fanatic
Nov 4, 2007
Aunt has reported a post.

Reason:
I have thought about reporting this person's posts before but decided not to. I am getting a little tired of the fact that everytime she disagrees with anyone she uses statements like "how dare you say this" or "that is the dumbest thing ever" It is offensive & has already driven one quite likeable and respectful contributor off the board (evil brent)
This post with its capitals (which denote shouting) and hyperbolic statements like "of my god" in relation to anything she disagrees with are a classic example
Forum: Parenting Debate
Assigned Moderators: smap, Kaytee, fallon

Posted by: Xero
Original Content:
Dadu2004 said:
Articles like this drive me nuts. There's too many wackos out there that want to kill the fact that boys are boys and girls are girls. God forbid that we treat our daughters like they are female and our sons like they are male. I'm sorry, but I dress my daughter in little pink dresses....why?... BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL!!!!
I agree COMPLETELY with this statement.

That was the dumbest article ever. "There's too much pink and I don't want my girl to be TOO girly!!!" Hello? Oh my gosh. I don't see anything wrong with switching it up a bit, but if I had a girl there would be pink everywhere. Probably some purple and other nice (but girly) colors, but you wont see my little girl wearing very much blue. In his younger stages, up to about his 12 month size clothing, Eli wore so much blue it wasn't even funny.

So what's it saying? If you surround your daughter in pink, she wont have a personality? lol man oh man.

Believe it or not, this isn't a new idea. I was covered in little pink dresses when I was a baby and a little girl too. And I played with barbies and pink ponies and everything else. That was 20 years ago and whatnot. I think I'm okay. It still works out. It's normal.

You want to know why the infant (most specifically) and toddler section is covered in mostly just pink and blue?? Because everyone knows it's actually a bit difficult for us to tell if an infant is a boy or a girl most of the time, so we rely on what they're wearing. Blue usually means boy, pink means girl. That's what I think. It's usually easier with toddlers, but there's actually quite a bit more variety in toddler clothes. Past toddler sizes, in the kids section, you actually don't see that much pink at all. I've worked in softlines (clothes) before, and trust me I'm a girl and a mom and I'm always in the clothes section.

But yeah you have no idea how many times I tried to wear white or yellow or even GREEN on Eli as a baby and everyone STILL said "What a pretty baby girl!!". I relied on blue for identification purposes lol. I think that's where it starts. But yeah, there is a ton of pink in the girl toy isle haha but girls like it that way and if they don't I can't see why they wouldn't ask for something else. :eek:

I wouldn't worry about it. :p

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I can't say I don't agree with Aunt on this one. Xero's post have been a bit combative as of late. I've spoken with Aunt and I think things should be OK

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Do you mind if I ask what was said between you and Aunt?...just wanting to know what to do in a situation like this. Are you planning on speaking to Xero about it?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I told her I understode her frustrations and I would be monitoring the situation. As of yet Xero hasn't really done anything wrong so I don't really have anything to say to her about this but I also didn't want Aunt to feel like her concerns were being ignored. I value them both as members of this forum and really like them both, but like I said I agree with aunt as well. The tone of Xero's post have become argumentive lately but it's unusual for her to act this way so I'm not readin a lot into it yet