Reported Post by parentastic...

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
parentastic has reported a post.

Reason:
advertising for a web site launching in 4 days / promoting a paid "service" of doubious quality. See other posts from same poster.
Forum: Adolescence/Puberty
Assigned Moderators: smap, Kaytee, fallon

Posted by: parents4kids
Original Content:
Is it just me? As a parent, raising pre-teens and teens can be tough in these times. There are so many things going on. Something disturbing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and I can't stop thinking about it. I was talking with my 12 year old daughter, yesterday. The conversation took a turn when she told me that out of her 10 friends that 7 of them were having sex, and their parents didn't know about it. What the what? I couldn't believe it. She didn't think it was a huge deal. I just started asking questions and she was answering. One thing she said was that parents don't know, and they don't take the time to find out. She said Mom, kids are doing a lot of crazy stuff and the parents have no idea. Then she told me about these games they play in the bathrooms. As soon as the conversation was over, I immediately jumped on the computer to research. I didn't find a lot, but I talked to a friend of mine who is raising 3 pre-teens and teens. TOUGH!!! She told me to calm down, and then she told me about this website http://www.yoohooparents.com. (Side journey), I checked it out. I loved it and subscribed. It puts parents in the know in a very creative way. Also they have three versions of a home boot camp and the basic one is awesome. It's a mild version. Back to the topic. My question: Has your child ever revealed things to you that were disturbing? What did you do? What kinds of things do you think could be prevented if parents knew what was going on.