Reported Post by Xero...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Xero has reported a post.

Reason:
This guy is making an art out of bumping old threads.
Forum: Parenting Debate
Assigned Moderators: smap, Kaytee, fallon

Posted by: Jamest87
Original Content:
Hmm, teenage parents. Well, I do have to say that most of the time it's not really a great thing. I think that most teens are definitely not ready for it, and most don't want to give up their time.

BUT.

My wife and I had our first child at 17, completely unplanned and all of that fun stuff, but I think we can both honestly say that we wouldn't change our lives at all. We have three kids now with one on the way, and even though there were some rough patches in the beginning with parents and idiots in high school, it might have been the best thing to happen to us. Yes, we did miss out on some high school parties, but on the bright side, we didn't miss anything good. most of the people involved were suspended or expelled, one died of alcohol poisoning, and a few more were involved in drunk driving accidents, we missed some dances and a few after school functions, but when I look back, what we missed was stupid stuff, and the experiences we have now are gold compared to the experience of, well.. my best friend swallowed a live goldfish at a party once... no comparison really.

I think if you have the mental maturity and the family support that my wife and I did, It might be okay. You definitely need to know that being a parent is 24/7, not just when you get home from school. We were lucky enough to have family who were willing to babysit while we were at school so that we wouldn't have to drop out, but that may not be the case with all families.

It's a rough debate, but I think in most cases it's not good, others, like mine, it could be the best thing to happen to you, if you're ready for it.

Just my opinion.