resolutions...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
anyone make any this year?

personally I'd like to get back in shape and stop stressing the little things:)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My friend and I were talking about this earlier. I don't have resolutions. I pretty much did everything I wanted to do last year. :)
Maybe I'll get another piercing somewhere.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Damn, I should have thought of starting this topic too. :)

Every year I pick 1-2 things to do <U>daily</U> for 365 days. In 2007, I did pull ups. I started by doing only 5 pulls per day, and by December 31st I was doing 100 per day; try doing anything for 365 days and it becomes hard to stop doing it. In 2008, I plan on working myself up to 200 per day. Not all at once, but in sets of 10-12.

The idea behind my goals is to take something simple that is healthy and develop it into a daily habit. 10 years ago I started running every day and have gone running, rain or shine, nearly every day for 10 years. In 2007, I didn't skip a single day, and ran two half marathons.

I have found making such small goals (and breaking down large goals in several small ones), and being dedicated\focused, really works for me.

All of this is part of a larger 20+ year health\fitness plan.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Nope, I don't make resolutions. I do hope to get my cleaning routine more organized and keep the house cleaner this year, but we'll see how it goes.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Teresa said:
Nope, I don't make resolutions. I do hope to get my cleaning routine more organized and keep the house cleaner this year, but we'll see how it goes.

Nate's been trying to help me out a little by doing some household things. Well, he called himself mopping the floor, and I politely told him to leave the household things to me. He mopped with cold water! And I thought I grew up sheltered. But his apartment was a MESS when I first met him. So, I guess I should have known what I was getting myself into.

Anyway, I don't know what my resolution is, maybe continue to try and be better person.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I want to get my house organinzed better (gotta get off here first though lol) and I want to do more personal bible study. Since I started working in my church's nursery I can't go to the bible study that they offered so I haven't even opened my bible in about 4 months. Very sad and I need a little more God in my life lol