[Resolved]parentastic.org - username change...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Just curious if an admin would be willing to change this user's screen name? Perhaps just removing the ".org" from the end of it? I feel it violates the rules and guidelines of the forum, but I could be over reacting. Sorry for the trouble! And thanks either way! :)

cg stephen

Support Team
Feb 15, 2008
No trouble.

It's a little tricky because the member is active so far and not malicious.

before changing it, the member needs to be made aware of the potential change so when he/she tries to log in next time via username, he/she will remember not to try to use the .org.

If someone can PM the member and let them know that we are going to make the change, I'll do it.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
disregard my other comment. sorry threads crossed in my reading and replying.

I think it's reasonable to inform him that his user name needs to be changed.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I agree that he hasn't done anything malicious, which is why I was hoping for a name change only. He actually has a lot of very nice replies. I did warn him that the name may in fact get changed depending on what an admin wanted to do once I asked, so if we just let him know that it will be done by such and such a time and changed to simply "parentastic" then he should hopefully be good to go. Did you PM him all that M2M?

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
That's funny because when he initially first posted I did PM him asking him to take the URL out of his signature (which he did) and I expressed that I was surprised he had been allowed to register witha dot anything user name. He said, well, he was allowed to and that he wasn't trying to advertise so much as identify and be a part. So, I'm guessing he'll either be fine with the change or he'll be done with us. He may well figure he's gotten all he can out of us anyway...