Santa Claus...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
AmyBelle said:
Goddamnit, NOW you tell me that buying my kids presents at Christmas has put all my good work to waste?

Damn damn damn damn damn. My kids are bound to be criminals now.
HAHA! No doubt...they might as well lock up my daughter now!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
MotherOknah said:
First off, you shouldn't be worried about lying to your children, I do it all the time and they never know the better. Fact is, kids are extremely unintelligent and have trouble understanding lies, and the feelings associated with them. Don't be worried if you need to tell a lie every now and then :wubclub:

Second, I raised my kids on no presents, no santa, and if they attempt to bring any of that up it is straight to time-out! You need to be controlling in a child's life, otherwise they will not be molded correctly and all your work will go wasted.

I hope this helped! :smile:
I actually take it step farther....when my kids talk about Santa I put them over my knee and spank the idea right out of them :p

MotherOknah

Banned
Dec 28, 2009
I'm sorry, but what's wrong with setting it into your child's mind that it is not right to be begging for things? I didn't realize that it was fine with you guys to just act like things come free in life. Are you seriously raising your kids babying them, giving them everything they want?

I'm sorry, but as a mother you really make me sad for all the children out there being raised on horrible morales.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
No, Christmas is a time of joy and a time to celebrate Jesus. kindness to others. No one is saying that. no one here is teaching their kids that things come free in life.

When our kids were younger we didnt give toys on Christmas because, for us, we didnt think that they would understand what Christmas is really about.

We do however give them presents now because they know that it's not JUST about getting presents, and we have told them the second they forget that, the presents are gone.
For Christmas we open presents, have family time, go to church, and go help less the people less fortunate than we are. They dont just go up to their rooms and say "oh a toy i'm going to ignore my family for the rest of the day and only think of myself"

My children, for the most part, have amazing morales and we hold them to high standards. And I am appalled that you would suggest that just because I give my children presents on Christmas that I am a terrible parent.

Don't be worried if you need to tell a lie every now and then
It's not okay to lie, and I find it odd that you are coming on here preaching to us about raising our kids with "horrible morales" while you are saying that you lie to yours. Lying is wrong...end of story.

Sheena

Jan 2, 2010
Ft.Hood
My husband and I have discussed this. We have decided that we will not be teaching our children about Santa only to come around years later and tell them the truth. I see no point in it. They will no the gifts come from us.

Caraiethra

Mar 27, 2010
Seattle
My thought is that Santa is a fun part of the Holidays. I don't really care if she believes he's real or not. I plan on having her get pictures each year with Santa at the mall, more for me then for her. I love Santa pictures.

I believed in Santa and really I don't remember when I stopped I know it was before I was 9. I didn't really care when I found out.

I wont tell her Santa isn't real but at the same time that he is real. Santa is a good way to show children that the holidays are about giving nor receiving. It's the stories that are important not the figure.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I wont keep beating you up just refer to your other thread about bumping the old.