School is out!...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
School has only been out two hours for the summer and my kids are already going at each other. I am seriously going to consider a sitter this summer. I am not going to deal with this to well this summer. This age is killing me. Where are my good kids?<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
I could have written your post. My kids finished school yesterday and Sean and Landon are already on my last nerve. Last night they fought over what they wanted to do, play spotlight or go to a movie. This morning, the same thing, Sean wanted to go skateboarding and Landon wanted to go swimming.

I think it will get better when their summer activities start up and they have something to do!

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
My girls are out for the summer too.. driving me crazy as well.
One of them tried to sneak my camera out in her bag when she was going to a sleep over. I don't let them touch it let alone leave the house with it. Needless to say her night was cut short when i saw it missing and she's grounded for the weekend. It's gonna be a looooong summer.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
So frustrating! I was driving them home from school today and on the way home my oldest daughter says "so what are we going to do everyday?" I said "the same things you do on Saturday and Sunday" and without missing a beat said "what about when it's Monday?" ughhhhhhhhh

I hate to say this but gas is so expensive I don't feel like driving anywhere this summer. This will be the longest summer ever!

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I can't resist the cottage, (it takes us 2.25 hours to get there). As my folks live 4 hours away (same direction), it's a great place for us to be on weekends. My bro and sis and families come up too, it's a real hootinanny.

<I>"If you need me....I'll be on the dock."</I>

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'd like the cottage to if I only had one child. It's when you get more then one in the same room that are related that even the most fun things can be irratating. lmbo

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
musicmom said:
I'd like the cottage to if I only had one child. It's when you get more then one in the same room that are related that even the most fun things can be irratating. lmbo
Ours is acually quite big all the kids are worn out by 9pm that their out like lights. There is a Main Cottage and 3 cabin's so plenty of room for everyone. Kayleigh will usually bunk up with my sisters daughter (a few months younger) she looks forward to it.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
musicmom said:
I wanna goooooooooooo *packing*
There's room...

I hope you like, canoeing, sailing, fishing, boating, waterskiing, frog hunting, sittin on the beach, sittin on the dock, sitting on the raft, sittin on the decks, Babaganouj, BBQ, kayaking, tubing, kneeboarding, outdoor cafes, live music, beer...and stuff like that.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You lost me at frog hunting and I don't know what babaganouj is. I don't drink either :(
*unpacking*

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
musicmom said:
You lost me at frog hunting and I don't know what babaganouj is. I don't drink either :(
*unpacking*
You don't have to partake in all the options, just tha ones you wanna.

at the cottage we "play it by ear".

Try it, you might like it.:D

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Counter offer...you can hang with my sister all weekend...your day will look like this:

9:00am, get up and swim to the raft...lay down.
10:00am, go for a swim, then lay down on the raft again.
12:00pm, swim in, have lunch, back to the raft, lay down.
5:30pm, swim in for dinner, dessert.
6:30pm, sit on the dock, reading.
9:00pm, night night.

Where are the kids?......with Grandma and Grandad - hahahaha

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Music-dad said:
Counter offer...you can hang with my sister all weekend...your day will look like this:

9:00am, get up and swim to the raft...lay down.
10:00am, go for a swim, then lay down on the raft again.
12:00pm, swim in, have lunch, back to the raft, lay down.
5:30pm, swim in for dinner, dessert.
6:30pm, sit on the dock, reading.
9:00pm, night night.

Where are the kids?......with Grandma and Grandad - hahahaha
I am so in!

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
What about day camp, MM? My parents shipped all of us out to day camps during the summer when we were younger, probably as a way to not go insane with 5 kids plus 1 cousin plus foster kids at times.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh my gosh I'm soooooo there. I love you grandma and grandpa *doing happy dance*

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I was just wondering if summer was over yet?

My kids have been out for a week. I'm glad they are starting summer recreation on Monday. Give them something to do instead of fighting with each other.