School Security....

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Ardmhs83 said:
I am a high school teacher and we have an armed police officer in our school at all times. I feel much safer as a teacher knowing this. I am totally for it. We've had one for years now.
I guess what I don't understand is the people who exclaim: " We dont want guns in our schools!" when talking about armed security. We have armed guards in a lot of places. Cops have always come in and out of schools with guns.

I just really do not understand that line of reasoning.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
bssage said:
I guess what I don't understand is the people who exclaim: " We dont want guns in our schools!" when talking about armed security. We have armed guards in a lot of places. Cops have always come in and out of schools with guns.

I just really do not understand that line of reasoning.
I don't have an issue with armed guards either. I'm against arming teachers, for reasons stated various times in this thread, but a professional, trained security guard who is armed is a completely different story. We don't have armed guards dedicated to my daughter's school, but the school is inside a gated community with security guards at every entrance, so they will be there to respond should it be necessary. I don't see a problem with that.