School Spring Pics...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
DS - Gr. 6
It's VERY hard to get a good shot of him these days. This one isn't the best shot, but for him, it's not too bad. LOL!

DD - Gr. 4

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Nice pictures Trina. They look like happy kids.

Yes, I agree, they look like twins. If anything, I thought your son looks a tad younger, but pictures can make anyone look older/younger than they are.

Thanks for posting.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Thanks, everyone. :) Definitely not twins. They're 22 mos. apart. LOL! I have been told repeatedly they are obviously brother and sister.

jtee, DS is young for his age. Not immature young, in a negative way, but still a young boy who hasn't hit puberty yet. He is in the same grade as your DD, but seems much younger. He's a bright kid, but a shy introvert. He still gets embarrassed when he sees couples kissing. LOL! I'm perfectly fine with that. He has plenty of time to grow up and mature.

Now DD, she's a totally different story. She's a social butterfly with lots of friends, many of whom are boys. Yikes....

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Trina said:
jtee, DS is young for his age. Not immature young, in a negative way, but still a young boy who hasn't hit puberty yet. He is in the same grade as your DD, but seems much younger. He's a bright kid, but a shy introvert. He still gets embarrassed when he sees couples kissing. LOL! I'm perfectly fine with that. He has plenty of time to grow up and mature.
I do think my daughter knows a few boys in the 6th grade who are like your son. Physical, emotional, and mental maturity of kids of that age can range greatly. Because our daughter is petite, she doesn't intimated the boys who are more reserved and/or shorter than othe other 6th graders.

By high school things start to even out.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
They do look like twins!! I think your son is adorable and I love his shaggy lttile hari cut!!!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Kaytee said:
They do look like twins!! I think your son is adorable and I love his shaggy lttile hari cut!!!

Thanks. UG, the shaggy hair! :( We have reached a compromise. He would prefer it to be longer and shaggier, because that's what's cool now, but I make him get it trimmed every 6-8 weeks. It's still shaggy, but not so unruly that I can't stand it. We're both happy. LOL!