School uniforms: yay or nay?...

ella

PF Regular
Feb 17, 2014
I am all for them. This way it is so much easier on the parent. You do not have to worry about them being in style and it makes shopping for school clothes that much easier. I feel that there is not the competition with school uniforms.

bobspock100

Banned
Jan 10, 2015
amsterdam, netherlands
I read the original post and all the additional posts on this subject. I am against uniforms. most of us have chosen to live in a free society. lets keep it that way. I easily abide by a "reasonable" dress code, but not too excessive. for example a boy should not show up for school wearing a speedo only, and girls nipples should not be exposed. these things could distract from the school function. but as far as specify the exact style and color and fit, no, no, no. we won that war. and no all the kids should not be made to all look alike. so much for individuality that we are supposed to be teaching. between the financial burden on parents, and the kids hating to wear what they don't like, its just more counter-productive than anything else. besides, the soviet union fell, remember!!!

Dan_Bukowski

Mar 14, 2015
Connecticut
Nay in public schools. From a personal perspective I think it is important for my boys to develop their style through the clothing they choose. Full disclosure we are a family where we are fortunate to have the means to provide "nice" clothes for our kids but there is more to just style. We have our kids decide their choices based on climate, what they are doing in school i.e. gym day, and if the clothes match. It gets them thinking. If they had uniforms then they would be missing out on these basic daily living tasks.