Shift in Temperment - 8 month old...

ColoDad

Mar 14, 2008
Colorado
OK -- so I have a daughter that is pretty much my whole world.

She took it very easy on us in the beginning - after about 6 weeks she was sleeping all the way through the night consistently. She never cried unless pooped, peed, hungry or tired. Very curious and independent - didn't really like to be held unless she was tired. Generally, a very happy smiley baby.

In the past 2 weeks, she has gone to crying every time me or my wife steps out of the room. Unless you are looking right at her, she starts to fuss a bit.

I am wondering if this is normal and a phase? Should I be concerned and try to correct the behavior? Or is this just where she finds out she has Dad wrapped around the finger?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well most likly it is seperation ansiety. When you are with her, does she still fuss? Or just when you leave? If its just when you leave, its seperation anxiety and completely normal

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
It has been a while, but this seems a bit normal too me. As infants become more aware, they go through a period where they realize the people who takes care for them (parents) start leaving their immediate area (room). Small babies don't make those connections.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
My daughter did this. She's completely back to "normal" now. Very happy again...content by herself to play and everything. I think it's a testing of the water.

mom2tucknkae

Mar 27, 2008
Does she have any teeth, yet? You may not see them but I bet they are probably pushing through. My ped. says the pain is equivalent to wisdom teeth pain in an adult...YIKES!