Should I?...

malbiar

Dec 8, 2007
So my stepson (14) is a boxer. He wasn't feeling well and I told hubby I didn't want him in the ring feeling like that. Made him anyway, son lost and was really upset. Apologized to stepson but not me. Am I nobody? Told stepson when they rode back home that he also has o deal with me saying I told u so so he's been avoiding me...what a way to deal huh? Can't stand it. Understand he's upset cause he knows he did wrong obviously, but he's avoiding me making me really wanna say I told you so. Should I? He's never thrown things in my face but I deserve an apology at the least right? For him not respecting my motherly wishes!!:mad:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I'm pretty pig headed so I would say no...although I personally wouldn't be able to go to long before I would just have to say something, probably something rude, but something...lol

malbiar

Dec 8, 2007
Yeah me too! Men are good at avoiding things for as long as they can, especially if they're in trouble! And us women can't do that for too long without mouthin' off!! LOL!! I'm also tired of drama right now to be arguing with him so not sure what I'm going to do. On top of all this he lied to me and probably hasn't even realized that yet. That won't be easy for me to get past.

malbiar

Dec 8, 2007
I'm so mad right now I'm not even sure what I would say. I'm so not the I told you so person and he never throws stuff in my face either.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
malbiar said:
Yeah me too! Men are good at avoiding things for as long as they can, especially if they're in trouble! And us women can't do that for too long without mouthin' off!! LOL!! I'm also tired of drama right now to be arguing with him so not sure what I'm going to do. On top of all this he lied to me and probably hasn't even realized that yet. That won't be easy for me to get past.
sounds like there's more weighing on you than an apology though. You 2 need to spend some time talking....I know, I know, easier said than done

malbiar

Dec 8, 2007
We've been doing that and thought we were doing good til he decided to ignore my motherly wishes.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree it sounds like it is more then just this one incident. Iwould try to talk to him without throwin git in his face first and see what he has to say

malbiar

Dec 8, 2007
About 5 years ago when my stepdaughter ran away he said he would listen to my opinions going forward. He listened to me when I said I didn't want my stepson in the ring but didn't make a difference. What's the point of me even defending my stepkids if he's still gonna do what he wants? We both agreed on one thing and he still did what he wanted. If my opinion ain't gonna count for crap when it comes to my stepkids there's no need for me to be here. Maybe that's what I should tell him??? I'm at a loss for words because I'm so shocked that he put my stepson out there like that. :mad:

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
its tough, as a child from step families, it has to be decided whether the step parent is going to be a parent or a step parent. If you both decided that you would have a parents right with the child, then he needs to listen to you. Other wise a big talk is in need to decide what boundries you have or don't have. Its sad, try to calm down though. Do not go into it angry, otherwise he will take offence to it and it will blow up even more.
Good luck and I do hope he listens to you

malbiar

Dec 8, 2007
Exactly the problem! And why I'm so upset. We agreed 8 years ago that I'd be a parent and have been then all of a sudden he wants to shut me out on a major decision like that...where my stepson could get hurt...after we had already come to an agreement? The nerve to put him out there like that. SELFISH! Can't even get all my words together...probably need another day or so....and even more nerve of him to avoid me for fear of hearing me say I told you so. I've NEVER told him that.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
personally I think you should remind him how lucky he is that you care so much for you step children

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Maybe it's just me but I don't see anything to apologize for. Since when does a suggestion need an apology? I wouldn't nit pick. Are you sure there isn't something bigger wearing on your mind?

malbiar

Dec 8, 2007
There isn't anything behind this besides the fact that we had already agreed that my stepson wouldn't fight if he couldn't take a hit. He couldn't take a hit and he still put him in the ring. That calls for an apology for going against our agreement, which a day later I received. :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I'm glad he said he was sorry...really he should have realized you had your stepsons best intrest at heart and if nothing else he should have thanked you for that