Sibling Rivalry...

twistertiger

PF Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2008
Bay Area, California
when my kids fight and argue very much amongst them selves i dont what to do. i try and try everything i can think of but they just get right back at it when they start talking i have tried separating them and other things but nothing works. the fighting siblings sometimes when they are in a good mood act really nice and help each other and play with each other but when someone sees them they start arguing and fighting all over again. these kids are driving me crazy and i have no way to stop them. do you have any ideas to stop them? do you have any opinions on sibling rivalry and fights in general?

unmanaged

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
I would try finding things they can do together on a daily or weekly basis. Like just taking a walk or playing a game every once in a while. These weekly/daily activites can help them bond. I also suggest talking about it to them. Sibling fights will always happen, so you can't expect perfect.

unmanaged

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
Well how about you just have an hour or two a week where they just have to spend time in the same room? Then you might be able to build it up until they can stand each other?

unmanaged

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
how about you do something together as a family, like outside or something. That might bring the ENTIRE family together.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
This always bothered me. Me and my brother fought like crazy. While we (now both near 18) still fight we don't ever take it personally lol. I just wonder what I can do to prevent my kids from fighting when I have them.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
twistertiger said:
but there must be some way to end the fighting.
I doubt it but if you find out let me know...lol mine are close to the fighting age and already get pretty feed up with each other some times