Sinus Infections...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I've determined that I've come down with a nasty sinus infection and I don't wanna go to the doctor.

Anybody have any suggestions for home or herbal remedies? Do these things eventually get better w/out antibiotics? :(

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I've been taking both but not helping much. I feel like the space between the top of my throat and the back of my head is full of paste.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
HappyMomma said:
I've determined that I've come down with a nasty sinus infection and I don't wanna go to the doctor.

Anybody have any suggestions for home or herbal remedies? Do these things eventually get better w/out antibiotics? :(
Me and mum just had sinus infections, it will NOT go away without antibiotics... Mum's actually started out like a stomach flu stangely enough.

Check this though, if you decide not to go to the doc.

Herbal Sinus Remedies: A Safe Substitute for Prescriptions

The Natural Way to Sinus Infection Relief: Homeopathic and Herbal Remedies

Natural sinus infection home remedy

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
It won't cure an infection, but one thing that usually is very helpful with sinus problems is using a Neti pot to irrigate the sinuses. You can either buy something like SinuCleanse or make your own, but when you make your own you need to find a way to pour it. It feels really weird and you may need to adjust the salinity for your comfort, but it flushes out any bad things that may be there and hydrates the lining of the sinuses. It also takes a bit of practice: the first time I did it I thought I was going to drown myself...like do-it-yourself waterboarding. But it helped quite a bit, and I figured out how to do it the next time.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Thanks for all the info!

I'm thinking of running up to the clinic at lunch, I've been waiting for it to go away and when I woke up today I feel pretty horrible.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Do you have a family doc you can call and just tell him you have a sinus infection and he can call in antibiotics? Some a/b are free.

I used to get bad sinus infections but was not cordinated enough to use a neti pot. hahaha

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Call your gyno and tell him you do not have insurance and wondered if he could call you in an antibiotic for a sinus infection? If your dr really knows you he might do it for you. Mine would. Worth a shot.