Some new pics for me too...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww he's so stinkin cute!! Its crazy how big he is already! Looks like a happy boy too. :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Ilo is a super happy guy. He's super social and doesn't really cry. Only if he gets over tired. He's also a professional roller-over-er now. He has mastered that skill. He had a book last night that he didn't want to give up and he just held on both hands and rolled away with it so we wouldn't take if from him :D He can also sit up, but is still a bit wobbly. He hasn't reach professional level yet.

Luca is doing pretty awesome too. He hasn't had any major blow ups for awhile now. He's gotten mad, but he's handled it well. He did his little jewelry stand the other day and made $109!!!

We are gearing up for Carnival here. About a week away. This is one of Luca's favorite times on St. John. Then we are off to MI. He is going to be up there for the whole summer. I only get to be there about two weeks :( But he is going to have a blast. He's also going to Alaska for 10 days and to Las Vegas for 5 days. His dad is taking him to Vegas, and they are going to see Chris Angel, front row center, and he's really excited about that. He has a VERY exciting summer ahead of him!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I hear you! Eli is getting excited too cause its almost time for the "Cherry Fest" (actually has nothing to do with cherries lol). He LOVES going, its a lot of fun, and they do it so close to our place we can walk there. Its full of rides and games and they do an awesome parade with tons of firetrucks he loves seeing (the proceeds go to the firemen).

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Both your boys are very handsome and the baby is a little doll. Boy he got really big and filled out nicely.

really cute.!! lol

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Yup, same here..."Beef Days" coming up (we've already survived "Houby Days" and "Kolach Fest"... and then there's the county fair and state fair...

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Beef Days?!?!!! I'm going to have to look that one up!

At our Carnival, we have a kids village that has games and stuff. They do a HotWheels drag racing thing that Luca is completely addicted to. He races his cars all year long and puts the fastest cars in a box and tells everyone to be very cautious around it. We wouldn't want to bend any axles!! (Then he throws it around and drops it all the time) He takes pencils and a nail file an makes graphite dust to sprinkle on the wheels to make them super speedy. He's a shark! He will stand by the race track and at the last second enter the race before any one can pull out. He wins a ton of coins and trades them for junky toys.

The grown up Village has food and music and drink. It's going to be too loud for Ilo...and I will have to go another year without Electric Lemonade, but I am going to eat a bunch of yummy local food.

Hope everyone has fun at their various Festivals!!! Beef Days! :D That just cracks me up for some reason :D

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
stjohnjulie said:
Beef Days! :D That just cracks me up for some reason :D
That is hilarious! But not as funny as the Swine Festival. In desperation, a friend of mine recruited me to be a judge at their pageant one year. Imagine being the Swine Queen.

This is the quiet season for us. Not too many festivals going on. It's too hot!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Beef days? That's awesome! haha

I am also looking forward to the more adult fests as well. We have a few different Rib Fests and the ever famous Wine Fest! Our area is kind of known as "Wine Country" lol I imagine its because the whole town is covered in grape vinyards and we have a ton of wineries all over. Its so awesome to sample everything. :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Beef's serious stuffs around here...
http://beefdays.com/

It's funny, I thought Kolach Festival or Houby days would generate more question and comment than beef days...LOL

You may note that there's a popular beverage spelled very similar to "Beef" (one letter difference) which is the REAL focus of this annual festival....

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
MomoJA said:
That is hilarious! But not as funny as the Swine Festival. In desperation, a friend of mine recruited me to be a judge at their pageant one year. Imagine being the Swine Queen.

This is the quiet season for us. Not too many festivals going on. It's too hot!
actually around here, every county has a Pork and Beef Producer's organizations, essentially local entities of the pork and beef councils (you know, the "Beef, it's what's for dinner" and "Pork, the other white meat" people)

Anyway, they each hold compeitions to select young ladies to act as spokespersons, and they are, in fact, respectively "Beef and Pork Queens" and the also rans get to be Pork princesses I believe. and of course this rolls up to the state level:
http://www.tamatoledonews.com/page/content.detail/id/504588/Iowa-Pork-Congress-to-feature-crowning-of-new-Iowa-Pork-Queen.html?nav=5044[/URL]

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
IADad said:
oh and if you thought Beef Days was funny, you'll find the National Cattle Congress hilarious....
http://www.nationalcattlecongress.com/

yes, it really exists, and no, there is no cattle legislation enacted....
There's also a society of live oaks. Each oak in the society has a human lawyer.

My brother used to live within 500 yards of the president of the live oak society. She's a beauty, I must say.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
IADad said:
actually around here, every county has a Pork and Beef Producer's organizations, essentially local entities of the pork and beef councils (you know, the "Beef, it's what's for dinner" and "Pork, the other white meat" people)

Anyway, they each hold compeitions to select young ladies to act as spokespersons, and they are, in fact, respectively "Beef and Pork Queens" and the also rans get to be Pork princesses I believe. and of course this rolls up to the state level:
http://www.tamatoledonews.com/page/content.detail/id/504588/Iowa-Pork-Congress-to-feature-crowning-of-new-Iowa-Pork-Queen.html?nav=5044[/URL]
Poor dears. We do similar things. In fact, we have a festival for just about everything - at least one a week somewhere in the state. And nearly every one has a beauty pageant. Some are more complimentary, and some are pretty embarrassing. Personally, I think the Swine Queen would be the worst title, but the Queen of Shrimp and Petroleum might be a bit difficult to explain.

My friend was the Barbue Queen (catfish). She used to joke about the different waves beauty queens give. There's the lightbulb wave (imagine screwing and unscrewing a light bulb) and the windshield wiper wave.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yes, we have a "Cherry Queen" every year too.. lol. I have to say though, much better than being named Beef Queen or Pork Queen hahaha that's awesome. I can't see very many girls running for it! :p

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Wait a second, wait a second....
So, if the Cherry Queen met up with the Pork King, there is going to be a problem. Would she still be the Cherry Queen? (as you can see, my mind went straight to the gutter this morning)

BUT, you CAN sign me up for the Wine Fest! That sounds like a lot more fun to me :D

And IADad, I was curious, what are Kolach Festival and Houby Days? I just got stuck on Beef Days and forgot to ask!