Son pushes head into slats of crib while sleeping...

NiallNai

PF Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Ok, I had a hard time titling this one because it is hard to describe.

During the night, Brian has a habit of migrating while asleep. He will slowly shimmy "north" and, inevitably, ends up pressing his noggin' into the slats of the crib. Once he start pressing into the slat, he begins a low cry that will escalate as he subconsciouly becomes frustrated that he can no longer move forward or whatever may be the reason for his frustration. I think it has more to do with pressing his head into the wood than actually having his progress impeded.

Any suggestions for a solution other than my waking up when he cries and basically readjusting his position?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Eli does the same kind of thing! Everytime I put him down to sleep, he keeps pushing himself up or to one side until his head is firmly pressed up against something. It looks uncomfortable, but he doesn't wake up so I just leave him alone. :)

I don't know...the bumper idea sounds good. Give him some cushion, maybe? Not sure what else you could do.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I bought a large bumper pad and tucked half of it in so it was secure and sewed ties for every other bar.