Son-Rise Program - Autism...

patriciaryan

Aug 26, 2009
My friend's son has ASD and she uses The Son-Rise Program. I am amazed by the leaps and bounds he has made so quickly. His social skills have improved dramatically, language and toileting. I love this program so much and I would highly recommend it! I was wondering if any other parents have any experience with it?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I have.

At first I liked alot of what they had to say and I still subscribe to a majority of thier theories and processes. But as I got deeper in I saw many simularieties to other programs out there.

I'm trying to think of the proper way to say this. It is not a fix, cure or even widely eccepted program. It is a "for profit" program. Which anybody who has been dealing with this issue like myself knows there are a lot of.

I have yet to see any staticstics that show "this is the program" I have heard thier success stories. But simular to weight loss programs all the programs have thier success stories. Please dont misunderstand this post I AM NOT SAYING that the program is bad just that I am not sure.

They say noone is turned away because of a lack of money and then continue on to explain that they will arange financing. Again DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME I would gladly lay down my life for my daughter. But I also have a responsability to the rest of my family. I need additional debt like I need a hole in the head. If I was sure it would work then of course I would do what it took to make it happen. But I am not comfortable with rolling the dice with my family's future and hoping for the best.

I hope my post did not come off as being argumentive or otherwise disagreeing with you. It is only my opinion. I will be very intrested in any post you have regarding your progress with the program.