Spent the last week in hospital with...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Jackson, he was knocked of his push bike on the high street last week, he has broken his right hand which had to be operated on to be pinned back together and he has four broken ribs. Tomorrow he is having a skin graft on his left lower leg, he had dirt and stones in the wound so they have had to delay the graft until they can see infection isn't going to occur.
The driver of the car didn't stop and no one who saw what happened was able to take the number plate, so all we have is the colour and make of the car, so I don't think they are going to be found. Jackson isn't going to be discharged until his skin graft is fully healed as he is diabetic so his graft will need monitoring very carefully, so he has another three weeks at least.

[/IMG]

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
oh, ouch. sounds like he has quite an ordeal ahead yet. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh my gosh, that is so awful!! I am so sorry. I hope he recovers quickly with no lasting damage. Poor thing! I know its darn near impossible, but I hope that a-hole gets caught. How messed up. Either way, he'll get what's coming to him.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
He has his graft tests today and his graft as taken so if all goes well he can come home earlier than expected, I thought he would be bored by now, but the longer he is in there the more he likes being waited on!

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Jeremy+3 said:
He has his graft tests today and his graft as taken so if all goes well he can come home earlier than expected, I thought he would be bored by now, but the longer he is in there the more he likes being waited on!
Hopefully they'll come out good and he can head home!

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
He's out of hospital, his broken hand is gross, as he has an open wound he has to have a white cast so they can identify any bleeds, he isn't allowed to wash his fingers with anything but flannels or wet wipes, his fingers are brown! He can text and use his play station but 'can't' take his pots in the kitchen :rolleyes:

His leg grafts have been losing a lot of the scabs to reveal skin! So he isn't at risk of infection anymore, I'm amazed he hasn't picked it as well, normally he doesn't leave scabs alone.