Sport...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
So, Felix has just joined a soccer team and seems to be getting a lot out of it. He is very confidant and has made a lot of friends already. So I was just wondering if any of your children take part in team sport or any other club or group? And do they enjoy it?

Also, Alegra is 4. Is there anything fun i can get her doing? Not necessarily sport but just a daytime activity I can do with her on days she isn't at kindergarten that she will enjoy? Let me know what kinds of things your 4 year olds enjoy :)

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Yeah we do swimming lessons once a week :) but she doesn't really like it. She gets bad ear infections from the chlorine in the pool so she has to wear ear plugs in the water. I don't know if you have ever made a 4 year old wear ear plugs when they don't want to but it makes for interesting lessons lol

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
My 14yr old has developed a very big interest in soccer recently, mostly centred around the Italian team, so I'm thinking her interest has very little to do with sports.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
my 12 yo plays club soccer and american football. My 7 yo plays EVERYTHING. He's been playing soccer since age 3, plays football, basketball, and baseball, and if we'd let him he'd play tennis and hockey (there are just limits to the time in a day) I think it's great when they are busy exploring their likes. My 7yo is convinced he's the next Messi and already has plans for how he can go to college AND play professional soccer at the same time.

Emily92

PF Regular
Mar 20, 2014
My kids have been going for swimming classes since they were 4 and all of them swim like fishes! :) They have to go swimming every single day of their holidays, without fail.

CraigK

PF Regular
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego
First of all, all my kids do sports. I think your daughter should be as up for joining a soccer team as your son, if that is something she is interested in. I am a twin and my sister loved doing karate as much as I did. I am happy our parents didn't make her do dance or art class just because she is a girl. We both got to do what we liked. For example, I played a ton of sports but also did cooking classes.