stainless steel id bracelet...

sdallman

Feb 2, 2008
I recently ordered an ID bracelet, for my daughter to wear while she was in daycare. I had the bracelet engraved with her name DOB my cell phone, her dads cell phone and my moms phone (grandma). My daughter is 19 months now and she started wearing the bracelet at 15months and has been wearing it ever since. (She messed with it for a couple of minutes after I put it on but not since then). </SIZE>[/FONT]

I thought I would pass this on. It took me a while to find a place that sold generic ID bracelets at a reasonable price. I didn’t want something that looked like costume jewelry and I didn’t want to pay $50. I found the W.A. Morrow Company Inc. and got an ID tag for $10. I couldn’t order online but after mailing in my form I had the bracelet in 4 days. They were fast and exactly what I was looking for. Not to mention it was the same type of tag I wore 30 years ago. If you need ID for you child I would recommend ordering from </SIZE>[/FONT]

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
A great idea! :) However, I'm not comfortable with such personal information being so readily available to just anyone. Another option would be a Medic Alert emblem. Both my kids wear Medic Alert bracelets due to severe food allergies and asthma. On the emblem is an ID# and a toll free phone number. This enables police and medical staff to gain access to pertinent information. They have many different tags, bracelets and necklaces to choose from.

http://www.medicalert.org

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yea I don't think I would put that personal information on it either. Plus........what kind of parent would you be if your child got lost at that age???
Trina, this is probably spam for the site anyway..lol

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I'm fortunate to have never lost my kids, but these types of things happen to the best of us. My kids need Medic Alert bracelets due to their medical issues, but it gives me peace of mind knowing they have them in case they ever do get lost or need help.

Could be spam, but probably a parent sharing a good find. Harmless either way.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
True. I would so have one if my children had a medical problem.
I just buy them one's that says "BRAT" hahahaa

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I'm with you guys I would not put phone numbers and names and such on my childs wrist. Too many lunatics can use that to gain personal info. Having a medic ID is totally different

jigsaw71

Feb 7, 2008
While the idea is great. Yes i also think it is a bit dangerous to have that much info there.
I think nowadays they sell embedded GPS tracking chips? haha. Not so.

Anyhow the best way might be to be an extra careful parent!

leland

PF Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2008
Memphis, TN
If you want your kids to be truly safe, then visit my website.. I dont like to advertise on boards like this but i would be unforgiveable to me if people really thought id bracelets worked.. There used to indenify a body.. Visit www.parentsagainstpredators.com let me know what you think.