Stale threads on "Recent Articles."...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I just corrected a member for bumping an old post, as she apoloigized having not realized how old it was, but then asked why it was on the "Recent Articles" section of the front page...

She assumed is was a recent article since it was in the "recent articles" section....

Not sure what can or should be done, just promised her I'd forward the feedback.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I have wondered that before too. Had someone tell me the exact same thing. I don't know how that is fixed. If its not something Dadu does, then I guess we'd ask an admin.

Also, did I miss something about a new rule that involves people having to post five times before making a new thread? If that's true, so far I have noticed it being REALLY REALLY counterproductive. Its driving me nuts matter of fact.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
yes, when (I foget her name) put in the roaming thread stuff, she set the new thread limit to 5 posts except for the introduction thread, in hopes of stemming spammers, It seems that it has just caused the spammers to post 5 worthless posts before they spam....

oh, and i was supposed to draft revised rules, which I started but havnen't finished...sorry.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's alright I forgot to e-mail an admin about the step parenting subforum. My bad. -sigh-

And yeah spammers just post five completely useless posts usually at least three of them are in dead threads or in the wrong place and its really frustrating.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I'll check into the recent posts thing, but I think that's something out of my control. All I do is set the frontpage article...which needs changed. Grrrr...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
You know I'm above saying "I told ya so" Buuuttttt http://www.parentingforums.org/f19/bumping-old-post-9735.html[/url]