Step daddy????...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My children out of the blue are asking for a step dad. WTF? I explained that I would have to date someone fall in love and then 'maybe' get married and mommy doesn't want to get married ever again.

I feel so bad that they would even say such a thing. I told their father and he said "yea thats's not good" but still isn't coming home. He knows I'm over him and would date if he comes back.

Is this a sign of something going on with my children? Their male role models are Sensai and Shehan from karate, that's it.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I think theyjust see kids at school that do have mommy and daddy, and were honostly just curious kinda thing. I doubt that they really grasp what is involved. I would be worried about saying things like "mommy doiesn't ever want to get married again" that might put some fear in them when they become adults ya know? I would just leave it with what you said, that you would have to date and fall in love and then maybe, just maybe you would someday. But right now you are happy with the way things are.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
I agree with Kaytee: It's probably something they picked up from other kids, and they don't really grasp the whole idea. I doubt it's a negative reflection on your life at all. :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
They know daddy would still be their daddy and that would never change because I've made that very clear.
My mother used to say she'd never marry again and it didn't give me a negative impact. I wish it would have though! lol
I'm more scared they want a male in their life so bad they would trust a stranger as long as he was a guy. Looking for "the daddy" role. Know what I mean.