Stepmother and Twitter...

lovebeingamum

PF Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2011
Auckland, NZ
I am rather annoyed at the moment. I contacted Twitter asking them to remove the accounts the stepmother has made for my kids, and I gave them the reference number of the court documents showing me as their mother and guardian.

They just deleted my ticket without saying anything and the accounts are still there!

Twitter's tos say you have to be 13 to have an account with them and none of my kids are 13 yet. That alone should have made them do something.

I also wanted the accounts closed because I caught M on there and that woman was interrogating her about me.

So now I have to go back to my lawyer again about this poisonous woman. It's starting to feel like a constant fight.

Xena

Mar 29, 2011
Twitter has to comply if you obtain a court order from a judge. It may even be possible to press charges against the stepmother for creating accounts for your children who are not of age.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Why don't you get the passwords for the accounts from your kids and delete them yourself? That's what I would do.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
won't she just open new ones?

seems like a court order may be the way to go, that way if she persists she'll clearly be doing something illegal. She may have done something illegal already, but I'm guessing it may be hard to prove/prosecute.

lovebeingamum

PF Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2011
Auckland, NZ
IADad said:
won't she just open new ones?

seems like a court order may be the way to go, that way if she persists she'll clearly be doing something illegal. She may have done something illegal already, but I'm guessing it may be hard to prove/prosecute.

I think it is likely she will open new ones. She has done this with Facebook already and I had to get that closed down, she has also posted their birth certificates online. Again I had to get them removed via my lawyer.

My impression is that she is doing this because she knows it annoys me, and because there is no real consequence to her doing it. She knows I have to keep going back to a lawyer to stop her. All that happens is she is asked to remove something or stop doing something. That's no big deal really for her.

She was using Twitter to ask M how many times I shower them, do I wash their hair, what am I feeding them etc... I dislike that she is using it as a tool to try and use the children to give her ammunition against me.

Xena

Mar 29, 2011
Just curious, have you spoken to the father about this? I am sure that he wouldn't be too keen of his children identities being posted all over the internet.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
Jeez, this woman is like a lifetime movie villain. I'm sorry for your troubles. I agree with IADad. It sounds like you need to at least threaten Twitter with a lawsuit.

lovebeingamum

PF Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2011
Auckland, NZ
I have spoken to their father about it and he said that he had given her permission to put them up. He didn't see any problems with it.

Their father is not willing to listen to anyone else about this woman, he sticks up for her no matter what.

Personally I don't want their birth certificates online, anyone could take that information and use it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I don't blame you!! I wish I had more useful suggestions for you, and I really hope you get it worked out. :( Personally, I would probably try to work on my kids to follow my rules a little more closely, if you don't allow them to use Twitter then they should not be using it. They should be respectful and follow your wishes, but I do realize that it is a lot to ask out of kids who are being told otherwise by another parent. :/

lovebeingamum

PF Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2011
Auckland, NZ
MomoJA said:
Jeez, this woman is like a lifetime movie villain. I'm sorry for your troubles. I agree with IADad. It sounds like you need to at least threaten Twitter with a lawsuit.
She is a constant thorn in the side, and I can only control what happens when they are with me unfortunately. He's not prepared to listen to anything against his gf. Nice for her but not nice for his children.

I did send another ticket in to Twitter and said that if they weren't going to do something about it then I would via my lawyer. They obviously just read it and deleted it, they are not taking me seriously.

What is the point of Twitter having terms of service when they don't even abide by them themselves. They don't care.

Chrissie

Apr 25, 2011
Shreveport, LA USA
i wouldn't go for the accounts, as, many kids have them the TOS is to protect the company, thats why they aren't taking you seriously, unless you BRING the lawyer.

Suggestion....print screen and SAVE what she is saying and doing to the kids online. She is leaving it out there for the plucking because she thinks your not gonna use it, thats her own mistake, or she isnt as smart as she thinks. You show a lawyer and judge all of that with her ACCOUNT and the kids ACCOUNTS all over it in a screen printed page..thats a whole different ballgame from your word against hers...Because its proof..and even if she deletes it, with a court order the company can pull it if necessary and you feel you need it, nothing in cyberspace ever trully dissapears. Better yet, ask you lawyer to do it in his office, then they cant say you made it up, or photoshopped.