Steven Curtis Chapman's little girl dies :(...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
<r>(From his website <URL url="</s>www.stevencurtischapman.com<e></e></COLOR><e>[/URL]</e></URL>)<br/>
<br/>
MARIA SUE CHAPMAN, DAUGHTER OF STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN, DIES IN ACCIDENT AT FAMILY HOME <br/>
<br/>
NASHVILLE, TN...5/21/08... At approximately 5pm on the afternoon of Wednesday May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters. <br/>
<br/>
More than five years ago, Chapman and his wife MaryBeth founded The Shaohannah’s Hope Ministry after bringing their first adopted daughter, Shaohannah, home from China. The ministry’s goal is to help families reduce the financial barrier of adoption, and has provided grants to over 1700 families wishing to adopt orphans from around the world. Chapman is a five-time GRAMMY ® winner and 54-time Dove Award winning artist who has sold over 10 million albums and garnered 44 No. 1 singles.<br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="purple"><s></s>Poor baby girl, to have been through so much, and then die in an accident. May she rest in peace.<e></e></COLOR></r>

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Steven and MaryBeth are really pioneers of sorts. They have done sooo much to draw attention to International adoption.., including the grants to alleviate the high costs of adoption. They have helped thousands and thousands of families.

Maria is the one sitting on Steven's lap in the pic.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Some reason your pics are not visible to me?

I can't get over that it was his oldest son.. what a horrible accident. Not only for their loss but their son has to live out his life with this on him. It's devastating.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Sorry Cthru, I meant the pic I posted in reply #3. Can you see it?

Yes, I feel so bad for the son :( From what I understand she was just happy he was home and ran out to see him :(

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That is terribly sad. I've never personally heard of them but losing a child is never a happy place to be. God Bless.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
That song and the horrible tragedy that the Chapman's are going through is absolute proof that we should hold onto and treasure each and every moment we are alive, and cherish everyone around us.