stuttering...

sbooy42

Nov 20, 2007
N. Michigan
I haven't done much research on it yet but thought I would run it by you guys first.. we have been noticing in the last week that our 2.5 yr old boy has begun to stutter when he begins a sentence..almost like he is kick starting his sentence..

<I>"I I I want to play"
"Where Where Where is my juice"

</I>Anyone else experience this with their youngsters? Should we worry or is it just a development thing?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
if it isn't really serious than I would see where it goes...my daughter stutters when she is really excited or not really focusing on what she's trying to say. But if it's happens a lot I would talk to a doc about it and catch it early

XOMLE30

PF Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2007
Toledo, ohio THe armpit of the world!
My 2.5 yo boy does the same thing.... I have not yet deceided if we should be worried or not. It kind of comes and goes, and it just started recently and it kind of coincided with my husband getting getting very ill, and spent the last three months or so in the hospital. So I was kind of waiting to see if he would stop now that we are all home ( temporarily)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
All of my children did that too and they are fine now. I would tell them "slow down....think about what you are going to say" and they would take a deep breath and begin again.
Up until my daughter was four she would say "my love you".....then she finally realized it was "I love you"...I didn't correct her cause it was cute.
Now the new cute word is calli-pider (the worm)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
my guess is that he is just learning how to form complete thoughts and that his little brain is working faster then his mouth. Of course keep an eye on it and talk to his ped if you are concerned