Sumera...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Anybody else get tired of his/her rather obvious posts that are really ads for his/her boarding school. They just seem so pointless. Like the latest, with the breaking news that too much screen time may be bad for kids... I feel like replying, but it's really not worth it. The thing that bugs me is that they are always essentially just leading to an ad...I guess more power too them, if they get a single student out of this efforts I'd be stunned.

Anyway, a bit of a vent, just wondering how others view their posts.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's weird, I can't think of any posts I've seen by that person haha. Can you post links to a couple so I can see?

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Actually just go to the education forum, you'll see one after another that they've started, usually no one responds because they're so, "um, ok" in nature. But then their signature has a link to some school in india...I can't think that this is possibly a useful way to market, thing is there's nothing really wrong with their posts, just kinda pointless.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh okay, I see now. Wow, they seriously have created tons of posts there! lol I guess I missed them because none of the topics are terribly interesting, so I never bothered to open them haha.

Seriously though, you have a school in India you want my kid to go to? Yeah, let me just get right on that. lol

He only mentions it directly in a couple of the posts, though.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I've seen her a few times, but just ignore her. So long as she stays in that section there isn't a lot we can do. Same for the front page articles. They are allowed to post links there.

I have my eye on Avian, although he doesn't seem to be taking my bait and biting. He's kinda spoiling my fun for the day.

On an off note, I think my tapatalk is messing with me when I get on the forum. If I click new post it says there's nothing when I know there is. It's never done this to me on other forums. Kinda irritating!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
yeah, Sumera isn't really doing anything wrong, I just wondered if it bugged anyone but me.

The new post thing doesn't work very consistently for me on Windows Chrome, sometimes it must reach some time threashold and say "nope, nothing's new anymore."

vBulletin has its issues.