Summer Plans...

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Oh-oh, Parenting Forums got dead again!

School is getting out in the western hemisphere, so I suspect it'll liven up soon enough as we all get our kids back full-time. I'm super excited. I think I'm more excited than the kids. (And not just because I'll be done with the twice-daily commute.)

What are your plans for the summer? I am renovating the RV so we can take it camping. (I know, it's lame to camp in an RV, but I got tired of trying to keep babies warm at night in the tent and trying to cook in the rain with three kids.)

Then we are going bike-riding a bunch. My oldest just mastered riding without training wheels, my second is learning to ride his bike, and my third just proved she is ready for a bike by sneaking onto my son's bike and almost pedaling a full circle (but her legs were too short).

Then we are making a stone walkway from the driveway to the porch from scratch using rocks we collect and sort from the beach. I got some molds and concrete mix just for the endeavor, and I can't wait to make mosaics with the kids. Each of them will make their own stepping stone.

We are also going to go fishing in our new canoe we inherited from a friend who left the state. It's huge and fits the whole family. I think they will really enjoy this over fishing from the shore.

What are everyone else's summer plans?

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
akmom said:
Then we are making a stone walkway from the driveway to the porch from scratch using rocks we collect and sort from the beach. I got some molds and concrete mix just for the endeavor, and I can't wait to make mosaics with the kids. Each of them will make their own stepping stone.
This sounds awesome.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Winter here. And it doesn't even snow. Just wind and rain and hail so we will probably be staying inside and using large amounts of fire wood for the next 3 months or so

Hassty

Jul 22, 2020
I really miss the summer and look forward to spring. I really love to walk with my son in the park during the day, and this year I promised that for the new year he will receive his first bike. I recently found several interesting and safe options for my son on the site https://ferlafamilybikes.com/ . I really love cycling and when my son was still young I preferred to use a cargo bike with a safe basket for the child than his stroller. By the way, my son also prefers bicycles more than children's electric cars.

RandyGold

Apr 23, 2021
Hello there! I had plans for the holidays last year. I was going to fly to Thailand, but due to the big problems with covid19, I, unfortunately, experienced a lot of inconveniences with the flight and therefore I had to abandon this idea in favor of renovating the house. By the way, if you are interested, I used the services of some websites for renovation, which helped me to equip my house with smart devices and a security system https://ajax.systems/. I advise you to read more information on the subject.

lolapaluuza

Nov 17, 2020
To be honest, I don't quite understand what these parenting forums are for. Well, it's good that they're gone now. It would be better to do something more useful. Perhaps there are people here who understand the bathroom and I'm interested to find out, I'm just now engaged in choosing a bathroom. Do you think you can buy a normal bathroom on the https://azreglazing.com/ website?