Survey policy??...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I removed the link on one and posted this reason
I removed you link. Although you may very well be a legitimate site. You are unknown to the forum with only the one post. I wouldn't click on a unknown link and risk damage to my own equipment no matter how convincing you are. If you had spent some time and got to know the people it might be allowable. But as it is, and being a link without management approval it was removed.
But I am not sure what the policy is or if I should have deleted the thread or not. I only did what I did to protect members from a potentially bad link.

I also nailed a spammer but I don't see where it went after I soft deleted it.

And I got thinking about this.

I wonder what the consensuses is about May's language thread?

I like her and am not suggesting she should be in trouble in any way shape or form. Only that she is monopolizing the Middle Childhood / Preadolescence category continually bumping anything posted possibly keeping people who don't use the "new post" feature from seeing or responding to other post in that category.

Its currently 32 pages long (statistically one of the best threads we have) with just 10 total unique responders and only two who do so on a regular basis. Most responded during the first three pages.

Again I like May and am only suggesting that she might accomplish the same thing in another way.

And yes its been a slow weekend.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I'm pretty sure we aren't currently allowing surveys. Actually, its one of the kinds of "spam" that we seem to get the most. At first we were allowing it, but it got to be overwhelming and NOBODY every replies because nobody here likes them, so we eventually came to the conclusion that there's no benefit of accepting them here and they are more of a "spam" than anything else. So we've been banning them and deleting the stuff. They're like junk mail. Don't feel bad for them. lol

As for May - I kind of know what you mean about that!! She has really been dragging that out. I don't really understand what's going on there, but its like its too harmless to do anything about. :( And actually, as a matter of fact, I had replied to that thread a couple times and then it got to being ridiculous, to the point where every single time I signed on there was a reply! I stopped replying, and it kept going. I got annoyed and I actually unsubscribed! lol which is nuts, cause I never unsubscribe from stuff.

I really have no idea what to do about it though. Its annoying, but not harmful, and I can't think of any way to fix it. :/

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Thanks I'll go back and delete it. I just dont like clicking on links from unknown sources. I dont even check them out.

You beat me to it.

How come that one I deleted a few minutes ago is nowhere to be found. I must have screwed it up somehow.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
As far as May's thread...I've let that one go because people are continuing to participate in it. I personally don't even open the thread. If you want to make it stop bumping threads in there, then you could make it a sticky thread temporarily if you'd like. If it dies down, un-sticky it and close it.

I don't allow surveys at all. I delete them and ban the user.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Sorry lol didn't mean to step on any toes. I didn't know you were online when I did that. :p

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I wrote a note to May and explained that while it's not really "wrong" to post her questions, it is kind of pushing out other posts in that sub-forum" so since I'm the one who usually responds, I asked her to just PM them to me.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Cool. I learned that if you click on the "replies link" for the thread it gives a count of who responded and how many times. Just kinda interesting.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Dadu2004 said:
You're either really brave or certifiably insane.
are the two necessarily mutually exclusive?

She responded quite nicely that she wouldn't PM me, as it takes a lot of my time, and she recognized that posting daily does push out other posts that could be at the top, so she asked if I thought once a week would be okay. I told her, that would probably be fine, it would give other threads visibility. She may stop altogether as they now have a penpal...

She's really not crazy, just looking for some international help.