Teen girls made pregnancy pact...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
<r><QUOTE author="FooserX;65715"><s>
FooserX said:
</s>Uh...the girls got pregnant without a loving husband/father in the picture.<br/>
<br/>
That's the PERFECT reason for adoption.<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I completely disagree with you Foos&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;But I see that you agree with society, and that the social stigma against unwed mothers is still alive and well in this day and age. Foos did you know that prior to Roe Vs. Wade 1973 over 500,000 women LOST their babies to adoption? There was no abortion, and you simply were not allowed to raise a baby out of wedlock. You would be sent away to a maternity home and your baby would be sold to “loving 2 parent families” Women were made to believe their baby deserved better. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Adoption is a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem. You won’t be young, single, in school, unemployed forever. And losing your BABY for something like that is a damn shame IMO.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I speak with women on the internet in their 70’s and 80’s who still to this day do not know if their child lived or died, and have no way of knowing. The secrecy still firmly in place. ALL these women wanted to parent their babies, NONE of them had a choice at all.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I firmly believe the only “good” reason for an adoption is if you really truly do not want to parent, and this decision needs to be made POST birth. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Update:

<I>BOSTON -- A Gloucester teenager who is five months pregnant said Tuesday morning there was no pact among girls in the North Shore fishing community's high school to get pregnant and raise their babies together.</I>
<I>...</I>
<I>"No. There was definitely no pact. There was a group of girls who decided that they were gonna ... they were already pregnant before they decided this. That they were gonna help each other with their kids so they could finish school and raise their kids together, to do the right thing was their decision. Not, let's get pregnant, like, as a group," said Oliver, 17, whose baby is due Nov. 12.</I>

full story:
Pregnant Teen: There Was No Pact - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
HappyMomma said:
Update:

<I>BOSTON -- A Gloucester teenager who is five months pregnant said Tuesday morning there was no pact among girls in the North Shore fishing community's high school to get pregnant and raise their babies together.</I>
<I>...</I>
<I>"No. There was definitely no pact. There was a group of girls who decided that they were gonna ... they were already pregnant before they decided this. That they were gonna help each other with their kids so they could finish school and raise their kids together, to do the right thing was their decision. Not, let's get pregnant, like, as a group," said Oliver, 17, whose baby is due Nov. 12.</I>

full story:
Pregnant Teen: There Was No Pact - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

I don't buy it...it's way too coincidental.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
All I have to say is good luck trying to take my baby away from me..you will be prying him out of my dead hands.

Having said that, Nolan was an "oops" baby..so imagine how well adoption is going to go over with people who TRIED to get pregnant.