Teen girls made pregnancy pact...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
8,923
0
0
Sirk said:
If not wanting my grandchild raised by a selfish teenage mother and a homeless man makes me a bitch, I'll wear it with pride.
Just so long as she doesn't stick hot sauce in the kid's mouth?
Then I guess you are labeled then. Congrats. She didn't put it in that childs mouth she was asking about the suggestion she was told. My kids eat hot sauce on their food. Oh wait......that's child abuse?
A young teen screwed up so you would just call her names and degrade her? That's child abuse. I guess you and I see pride differently. I take pride on being a great mother and encouraging others to be the same.
It's rare a 24 yr old guy would honestly be homeless. He may have moved out of his parents or something but I doubt he is homeless just hanging out ready to impregnant some young unsuspecting girl. I don't know what your beef is with step mommy but you are honestly being a bit on the foolish side Sirk.
 

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
8,923
0
0
Sirk said:
If not wanting my grandchild raised by a selfish teenage mother and a homeless man makes me a bitch, I'll wear it with pride.
Just so long as she doesn't stick hot sauce in the kid's mouth?
Then I guess you are labeled then. Congrats. She didn't put it in that childs mouth she was asking about the suggestion she was told. My kids eat hot sauce on their food. Oh wait......that's child abuse?
A young teen screwed up so you would just call her names and degrade her? That's child abuse. I guess you and I see pride differently. I take pride on being a great mother and encouraging others to be the same.
It's rare a 24 yr old guy would honestly be homeless. He may have moved out of his parents or something but I doubt he is homeless just hanging out ready to impregnant some young unsuspecting girl. I don't know what your beef is with step mommy but you are honestly being a bit on the foolish side Sirk.
 

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
1,964
0
0
:confused: No beef. She said something, I had an opinion, you had an opinion on what I said. Welcome to forums.
 

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
8,923
0
0
I've been to this forum for a while thanks. You didn't give an opinion you gave a statement. Know when your wrong Sirk. No need to repost what I wrote I have a great memory. I know what is said. I don't miss a thing. This isn't a debate. I've said my peice, like it or leave it. No difference to me. I just have new views on you. Welcome to my world :)
 

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
3,957
0
0
36
Hamilton, Ontario
Sirk said:
no it wasn't.

Raised by a teenage girl who got pregnant because 'everyone else is doing it' and is going to want to ditch the baby for prom and dates, and a 20-something homeless man?

I would want better for my grandchild.
:nah:

With that mentality, and although what she did was past her better judgment, doesn't mean that her support system of family goes down the tubes.
If anything, the parents need to step in and try to help their daughters, maybe by counselling or something. But dropping them just contributes to the problem.

Welcome to the Real World.
 

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
5,345
0
0
Right here. Right now.
meow_173 said:
:nah:

With that mentality, and although what she did was past her better judgment, doesn't mean that her support system of family goes down the tubes.
If anything, the parents need to step in and try to help their daughters, maybe by counselling or something. But dropping them just contributes to the problem.

Welcome to the Real World.
Well said...I promise my girl unconditional love forever...and I mean it.

<I>Unconditional!</I>
 

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
1,964
0
0
I don't think love means supporting someone when they're doing wrong and hurting an innocent child. I correct my children when they're wrong, because I love them.
 

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
3,957
0
0
36
Hamilton, Ontario
Sirk said:
I don't think love means supporting someone when they're doing wrong and hurting an innocent child. I correct my children when they're wrong, because I love them.
Love<I> IS</I> supporting someone when they do something wrong! How else do people learn from their mistakes, and when they do realise they have made an error, it is the love of a parent that htey can lean on.
To be politically correct, although these girls are pregnant, throwing them onto the street and disowning them would be hurting 2 children rather then one.
 

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
1,964
0
0
meow_173 said:
Love<I> IS</I> supporting someone when they do something wrong! How else do people learn from their mistakes
:confused: I can't even wrap my mind around that statement. You learn from your mistake by everyone supporting your mistake?

No... you learn from your mistakes when bad crap happens to you because of your actions.


Who said anything about throwing her out on the street? Jesus ya'll get over dramatic.
 

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
3,957
0
0
36
Hamilton, Ontario
Sirk said:
:confused: I can't even wrap my mind around that statement. You learn from your mistake by everyone supporting your mistake?

No... you learn from your mistakes when bad crap happens to you because of your actions.


Who said anything about throwing her out on the street? Jesus fuck ya'll get over dramatic.
Yes you learn from your mistakes, however with a support system around you, that is how you learn and educate yourself how to not make the same mistake again.

I don't konw how you can't wrap your mind around the fact that without the love of a family/support system, girls like this would sink so fast in the real world. Even though they made their beds, they need to realize WHY they made that mistake, and HOW to prevent future errors. To do that? Have a support system in place: Love of a parent or family.

Its not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Dude, no one is swearing, or at least i am not towards you, so try to give me the respect i've reluctantly gave you.
 

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
4,853
0
0
50
Wylie, TX
meow_173 said:
He said the girls are generally "girls who lack self-esteem and have a lack of love in their life."
I think a big part of this whole problem is that the support system was not there in the first place. Otherwise, why are they looking at this big fairytale world of "Oooh, If I have a baby - they will love me!"
 

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
2,280
0
0
39
QC, Canada
HappyMomma said:
I think a big part of this whole problem is that the support system was not there in the first place. Otherwise, why are they looking at this big fairytale world of "Oooh, If I have a baby - they will love me!"
Yup yup yup so true. And sadly, they obviously don't realize that babies need more love than they can give... :(
 

Momof12

PF Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
120
0
0
57
CA
<SIZE size="125"> You Know I saw this and it saddened me. With so many people I know who can not have children and would be perfect Parents who could give them the love, the nurturing, the patience, the structure, a warm home and food, shelter, all the things a child needs to survive in this world.You know, I used to think part of Sex ED was for Youth to see what actual child birth was like then spending time in a Nursery with sick kids and then doing their community services at Child Care Place. So they would know just what would happen if they had child. Let's not forget let them meet people who have STD ( like HIV) This would be naturally approved by parents to me you cant any real then that.</SIZE>
<SIZE size="125"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="125">As far as parenting, I've seen good parents do all the right things and have one kid just go wrong sometimes kids do things we just do not understand My kid we say what happen? If you do all that you can I mean all that you should teach them right from wrong to love and respect teach them the meaning of earning things instead of being handed to them.Teach them that you can't just go around hurting people with out it coming back to bite you in the butt. If you did it all and they fall short from your guiding hand I told friends do not beat your self up sometimes kids see and follow thier peers its a new world today, as sad as that may be its true.:( </SIZE>
<SIZE size="125"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="125">Does this stop me from loving being a Mom? No, I have to have faith in what I taught my children and believe in that and I refuse to beat my self up if they ever should as adults fall short. Will I always be there?, yes, but not to condone their action, but to let them know I will always be their Mother.</SIZE>
 

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
2,280
0
0
39
QC, Canada
Sirk said:
That's one case where I home her parents make her give the baby up for adoption.
Sorry but that's about the worst reason I've ever seen for an adoption. That's why society in general thinks that's what adoption is meant to be about, and it's so so wrong. IMO
 

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
3,679
0
0
Denver
Mindy said:
Sorry but that's about the worst reason I've ever seen for an adoption. That's why society in general thinks that's what adoption is meant to be about, and it's so so wrong. IMO

Uh...the girls got pregnant without a loving husband/father in the picture.

That's the PERFECT reason for adoption.
 

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
3,957
0
0
36
Hamilton, Ontario
Just because the girls made a mistake, that doesn't mean the child has to grow up not knowing her mother. Adoption in this case to me would just be another quick fix.
 

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
4,853
0
0
50
Wylie, TX
I guess now they are not completely sure that there was a pact to begin with...

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16680375/detail.html[/URL]