Teen girls made pregnancy pact...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
GLOUCESTER, Mass. - School officials say a pact made by a group of teens to get pregnant and raise their babies together is at least partly behind a sudden spike in pregnancies at a Massachusetts High School.
Gloucester High School principal Joseph Sullivan told Time magazine in a story published Wednesday that the girls confessed to making the pact after the school began investigating a rise in pregnancies that has left 17 girls at the school carrying a child.
Normally, there are about four pregnancies a year at the school.
He said nearly half of the expecting students, none over 16, were involved in the pact.
Sullivan told Time that students were coming to the school clinic multiple times to get pregnancy tests, and "seemed more upset when they weren't pregnant than when they were."

Sullivan said some of the girls reacted to the news they were pregnant with high fives and plans for baby showers.
He said one of th fathers was a 24-year-old homeless man.
Superintendent Christopher Farmer confirmed the deal to WBZ-TV, saying the girls had "an agreement to get pregnant."
He said the girls are generally "girls who lack self-esteem and have a lack of love in their life."
The first reports of the students' apparent plan to get pregnant were in the Gloucester Daily Times in March, when Sullivan said students were reporting that the girls were getting pregnant on purpose. The rash of pregnancies has shaken the seaside city about 50 kilometres north of Boston. Last month, two officials at the high school health center resigned to protest the resistance from the local hospital to the confidential distribution of contraceptives. The hospital administers the state money that funds the clinic.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I had just seen this on the today show this morning and was reading an article online and was going to post it. It's horrible! They have no clue what they did. Being a mom at any age is not easy, I can't imagine being 16 or younger.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Music-dad said:
Wow, that's pretty messed up...I hope they are educating the boys too.

Child Support 101
Stepping Up To The Plate 101
Shotgun Weddings 101
They said alot of these boys were in their 20's. One was a 24 yr old homeless guy. Good luck trying to get that guy to help.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
ljmahr said:
They said alot of these boys were in their 20's. One was a 24 yr old homeless guy. Good luck trying to get that guy to help.
That's one case where I home her parents make her give the baby up for adoption.

"I'm sorry, DD. We failed in raising you. You're one stupid bitch. The baby is going to someone who doesn't sleep with the homeless. And we're canceling cable."

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
WTH were they thinking?! I'm not far from MA. Hopefully that trend doesn't move south.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
sarushjr said:
I wonder if we'll be seeing criminal charges coming out of this, considering some of the men are in their 20's.
I don't remember if it was the today show or just some article that I read they were talking about that also. The girl's were probably doing more than seduces trying to get these guys to sleep with them. I bet the some of the parents of these girls will press charges.

mandrsmom

PF Regular
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
[/quote]"I'm sorry, DD. We failed in raising you. You're one stupid bitch. The baby is going to someone who doesn't sleep with the homeless. And we're canceling cable."[/quote]

LMAO, I agree! I read this also this morning, and couldn't understand it, noone knew it was going on, until it was too late?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Sirk said:
That's one case where I home her parents make her give the baby up for adoption.

"I'm sorry, DD. We failed in raising you. You're one stupid bitch. The baby is going to someone who doesn't sleep with the homeless. And we're canceling cable."
??? Sirk that is a really bad attitude. Granted what the girl did wasn't right but to call your own daughter a bitch and tell her to give up her child? I feel sorry you think like that.:(

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
musicmom said:
??? Sirk that is a really bad attitude. Granted what the girl did wasn't right but to call your own daughter a bitch and tell her to give up her child? I feel sorry you think like that.:(
i agree with that. There has to be some sort of support system laid out for these girls.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
It was a joke...lighten up, especially you MM..you should know better than to take something like that seriously.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Good Wolf said:
It was a joke...lighten up, especially you MM..you should know better than to take something like that seriously.
Yea I guess that joke flew right by me.:cool:

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Good Wolf said:
no it wasn't.

Raised by a teenage girl who got pregnant because 'everyone else is doing it' and is going to want to ditch the baby for prom and dates, and a 20-something homeless man?

I would want better for my grandchild.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
If not wanting my grandchild raised by a selfish teenage mother and a homeless man makes me a bitch, I'll wear it with pride.
Just so long as she doesn't stick hot sauce in the kid's mouth?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Sirk said:
If not wanting my grandchild raised by a selfish teenage mother and a homeless man makes me a bitch, I'll wear it with pride.
Just so long as she doesn't stick hot sauce in the kid's mouth?
Then I guess you are labeled then. Congrats. She didn't put it in that childs mouth she was asking about the suggestion she was told. My kids eat hot sauce on their food. Oh wait......that's child abuse?
A young teen screwed up so you would just call her names and degrade her? That's child abuse. I guess you and I see pride differently. I take pride on being a great mother and encouraging others to be the same.
It's rare a 24 yr old guy would honestly be homeless. He may have moved out of his parents or something but I doubt he is homeless just hanging out ready to impregnant some young unsuspecting girl. I don't know what your beef is with step mommy but you are honestly being a bit on the foolish side Sirk.