Teething @ 1yr and i'm gettin' no sleep!...

Dad@20

Feb 27, 2008
Near Seattle
<r><COLOR color="black"><s></s>He turned one a few weeks ago, now he is teething... ALOT!<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s> <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>On the hour (almost every hour it seems) he wakes, then cries and cries. We rock him, pat him but he won't go into a deep enough sleep for us to set him back into his crib.<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s> <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s> I just need to know what will work at his age, I’ve heard bad things about store bought Oral Gels so I’m looking for something else... any help is much obliged!:D <e></e></FONT><e>[/COLOR]</e></COLOR></r>

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Poor thing! You can use motrin or tylenol to help him sleep. If his teeth are bothering him while he is awake, I used to freeze things like bagels and let my daughter chew on them. Good luck!

Welcome to the board by the way.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I always thought so. They have the little mesh bags that you can fill with frozen fruit - those are great. The kids just suck on them, and they are cold and feel good, but they can't choke. That was why I liked bagels as well, by the time it is soft enough that he could choke on it, he will have lost interest.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
<AMAZON id="B000GUYCZI" url="http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Teething-Feeder-Replacement-Bags/dp/B000GUYCZI">http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Teething-Feeder-Replacement-Bags/dp/B000GUYCZI</AMAZON>

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Also remember that Motrin is an anti-inflamatory and Tylonol is not. So if you have Motrin that's better. :)

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
When Lyric was teething I found the whole cold bagle thing to help out a lot. I also used a damp wash cloth which i put in the fridge for a while... for some reason that really helped her out. Lyr's a huge wuss though (&lt;3) so despite all of that she still made a ridiculous fuss. She stopped crying if I rubbed her gums, though..

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Have you tried to teething tablets? They were wonderful whenever my oldest was teething. I never did use the gels. I usually try them out on myself first and thought it kind of stung so it was a no go in the house.

Cold teething toys helped out too some. Right now my youngest is munching on her hands because of her teeth shifting.

Aw, no sleep...just remember that they are only young once and it wont last forever.