Testing...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
We really need to come together where he is concerned.

I personally would like to slap him through the screen, but that's not possible. And him and I have already had words (to some extent) behind the scenes.

The problem I think we are facing is where to draw the line. He is careful about what he says, so as far as forums rules he isn't breaking any. Look at step mom's post. I can see where she was offended but he is right on 90% of his post. The other 10% was his clear religious ranting (my opinion).

So what are your thoughts?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I DO think he was pretty much right, but the problem is that he (or she?) is SO RUDE about it. That kind of hostile attitude is just not necessary and it's not welcome around here IMO. He's just nasty. I mean even without actually breaking the rules, that's like... not cool. :/ I don't know, do you think I was out of line with the warning? I was so not trying to step on any toes, honestly believe it or not (sounds stupid but I do this all the time), I started to type that up early in the morning when I got up and then finished it and finally posted it when Tyler went down for his nap in the afternoon. bssage's post showed up when I posted it, and I felt dumb but just left it. I'm sorry. :( The reason I felt the need to warn was because we had more than one person complaining about him, and this isn't the first thread he's made trouble in. So idk.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I don't think you did anything wrong at all. The thread just pointed out how we all have differences of opinions on him...again I do not like him.

I also closed the last thread with him in it...why we had words behind the scenes lol.

At least parentastic means well, and I think somewhere so does Testing but....yeah, I don't even know what to say about the man.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
No yer OK xero. No need to be sorry. I didnt see this post till just now. I kinda hold testing and pstc in the same regard. They have good advice. But lack any kind of people skills.

I think the potential harm here is that either posters get offended or new members read these post and become hesitant to ask a question for fear of being berated or made to look like bad parents. I dont think that is what we are about nor do I think thats the face we want to show.

I think testing is under the impression I am on his team because I have tried to back him on a couple of things.

If you like I will pm or should probably just warn him?

Maybe one of you could bird dog pstc's post and I will steer clear of him. Pstc does seem to be improving. My bit with him is presenting opinion as fact. Just kinda a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I think the thread is okay for now. I am watching Parentastic's posts too. I tried to make my warning somewhat directed at everybody, because he is of course known for being unpleasant at times too haha. Mainly just that he thinks his answers are the only answers. At least he's no flat out rude and obnoxious, like Testing. Why does this forum just like, attract annoying people? lol

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Xero said:
I think the thread is okay for now. I am watching Parentastic's posts too. I tried to make my warning somewhat directed at everybody, because he is of course known for being unpleasant at times too haha. Mainly just that he thinks his answers are the only answers. At least he's no flat out rude and obnoxious, like Testing. Why does this forum just like, attract annoying people? lol
Because we were drama free for way to long. Something had to keep us mod's from getting bored.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Xero said:
lol hey look I've been here for four years this month.

I did a little math in those 4 years you have posted at least 1,788 times per year. That amounts to 149 post per month :D

I had debated closing it....but didn't lol