thanx 4 the patience...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I know I am a mod and need to be on top of things. No excuses My fault my bad.

Chloe is been exhibiting some very challenging behavior. I am the stay at home dad as DW is done (may end the marriage) Anyway I have been avoiding giving any advice as my world just keeps getting worse.

Chloe has escaped 5 times, two she was returned by the cops, once I arrived the same time as the cops and twice I was able to stop her before she made it to the road. (she does this early in the morning before we wake)

I have the door lock, Dead bolt, Latch lock, and alarm on all three doors.

A couple of days ago she had the kitchen chair by the back door trying to shut the alarm off.

I have contacted both the local police and county cops So they would know the situation.

I really just wanted you all to know why I have not participated much. I Mod as much as I can but I have some serious crap thats distracting me right now.

I should say I am still having fun. Even when Chloe is trying to cause my world to explode i find some fun. You should to.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Hey man I am really sorry to hear that things are not going well for you right now. I am sure that each problem makes the other even harder to deal with.

I don't feel comfortable giving you advice here as I don't fully understand what you are going through. I am guessing that you are not really looking for advice here anyway. Whatever the case may be you have the prayers of me and my family.

-Phil

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I know you haven't posted this looking for advice, but as I work with children much like Chloe I may be able to help you if you would feel comfortable with that, if not I understand and I really hope things get better for you and your family.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Bryan! :( I'm so sorry things are going in a bad direction for you right now... I wish there was any way I could help. You're a great guy, and you deserve better. And you have no reason to apologize. Best wishes.

kassierossiter

PF Regular
Jun 24, 2010
yankton sd
i went through the same thing with my son. dont feel bad. (austim? or something else? my son has autism) it didnt matter how many times or locks i put on the door in the time it took me to use the restroom he would be out of the house and down the street. on top of that he would get the phone and call 911!

dont beat yourself up over it. it happens. when i tried to contact our local authorities they told me that there was no way for them to note anything because their systems didnt allow for those type of things. i was appalled!

i had tried calling them to see if i could get a profile set up for emmett in case he got out and i lost him, that they would already have all of his info in a file... what a disapointment.

we all go through our struggles. take a deep breath and hold on to that fun that you have found. thats important.

BabyRascal

Sep 23, 2010
My neighbor's child was like that too. We all helped the mother every time her daughter would run away. We all look for her. It was devastating for the mother, whenever I remember it, I still feel bad.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Thanks everyone. Things have kinda leveled out. When it started getting really hot out she preffered to stay in the AC. I hope she doesnt change with fall comming on.

She recently dumped a entire bottle of Malibu Rum in her room and it has a nice Caribbean/tropical smell to it. Pleasant really.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL, nice! At least it wasn't beer, in which case it would shortly after start to smell like rotten fruit.