The paranormal: Yay, Okay or are-you-kidding-me?-No-way!...

BellaBabyBoutiq

Sep 1, 2015
Virginia Beach
I responded because I do have an interest in the topic. I am extremely interested in the spiritual world.

I don't think there is anything wrong with children understanding about Paranormal. I think as long as it's age appropriate I don see any problem myself with what you have talked to her about.

My 12 year old is often interested in shows where Paranormal is the subject, but we watch them together and he asks questions when he does not understand.

However you might let them know there could be some danger in evil spirits and to steer clear of things they don't understand.

If you don't want answers don't ask questions.

Last edited:

artmom

PF Fanatic
Feb 26, 2015
Canada
BellaBabyBoutiq said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with children understanding about Paranormal. I think as long as it's age appropriate I don see any problem myself with what you have talked to her about.

My 12 year old is often interested in shows where Paranormal is the subject, but we watch them together and he asks questions when he does not understand.

However you might let them know there could be some danger in evil spirits and to steer clear of things they don't understand.
Exactly what I think.

We like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures (although they have quite the potty mouths.). There were some narrated, dramatized ones, however they are often too graphic and scary even for me. When me and my daughter were anticipating a new Paranormal Witness and watched the preview before the intro of the show there was one scary part that could have jumped us out our skins. I used to be able to watch those types but I find I can't take the scare factor like I used to. My daughter wasn't allowed to watch those shows until she was in grade 6 and that was purely based on her choice to want to watch them and if she found anything she didn't like we would change the channel and concentrate on something else.
Even though T.V. programming on the paranormal is often greatly exaggerated and staged, it opens up discussion about our thoughts and beliefs in spirituality, the afterlife and the many mysterious of the universe, I think.

If you don't want answers don't ask questions.
I agree. This is my rule, too.

BellaBabyBoutiq

Sep 1, 2015
Virginia Beach
I think it is an extremely interesting subject and I actually like investigating the near death experiences which confirm a lot of thoughts on paranormal experiences.

My child loves watching shows like those but he is 12 now. He really didn't express interest until this year. I would definitely see if the child is mature enough to understand the topic but I don't see anything wrong with learning about the paranormal. If the show gets a bit too scary maybe save that one for when they are older because some of the shows are a bit scarier. But my child does not really get scared of those shows at 12 years of age and I would even call him a bit of a sensitive child who is a bit more emotional than some.

I think we all are curious about what happens after this life and where do we go, is there a spiritual world, does God exist, is there life after death, how are lost spirits left in a state of wandering or are they energy just left behind replaying a scenario over and over or can they actually communicate with us.

There are many questions we ask ourselves and we want answers! Are there aliens and other life forms out there? Are we the only beings that "God" created? Are there other worlds filled with people similar to us? There are so many questions...

This is a very interesting topic for some and if the child is curious I feel it is ok as long as the show is not too scary and to explain anything you can if they have questions. So just be aware if they are younger you might have them play in their room if the show is too scary.

My children know people do curse but they themselves know I expect them not to do it so I feel they should not be sheltered too much from reality.