Theory on resurrecting old posts...

mgonzalez

Jul 11, 2010
North Carolina
Hello. New to the forum (and not a spammer):).

I participate in other forums and, in some, members will be chastised if they start a new post on a topic that already exists. Some people may be obeying rules of other forums. I certainly would of searched for a previous thread and bumped it prior to starting a new thread. That is just what I am used to... but now I know the etiquette for this forum.

3sACrowd228

PF Fanatic
Aug 2, 2010
UK
i reckon people should update their old fourms to see if they have solved their problems or are still dealing with them.

frustrated

Aug 24, 2010
I'm another newbie who finds the rules an inconvenience.

30 days life time for threads seem an awfully short time, perhaps 3/6 months ?

Looking around the forum today, I dont find many "live" threads that I was keen to respond to. But there were some closed ones that were interesting.

Just my feedback ...

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Again frustrated....it's all in the spirit of keeping the current topics on point and at the top. If we allow 3-6 months for a topic to live, the people with real issues will have their topic buried. Xero has taken on a huge task of closing on threads and has done a wonderful job on it. And in my opinion, it has made the place much more manageable for everyone.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Also, frustrated, once you've thrown your five posts out there to get you started, you are more than welcome to create a new thread of your own on a topic you find more interesting. ;)

frustrated

Aug 24, 2010
I think it's great that efforts are being put in to improve the forum.

Perhaps I will learn to appreciate it better as I visit more in the future.

Thanks ! :)