They're coming!!!...

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
Latest News on the twins:

My wife is 29 weeks pregnant, and she went into labour 20 minutes ago, at the hospital now (using my iPad). Can't wait but just been told that chances are they will be critical being so early (8 weeks early according to the ideal twins pregnancy length on BabyCenter). keep your fingers crossed!!! will keep you informed

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Three months ago you posted that she was 8 weeks pregnant (10/31/2012). So they should only be 21 weeks old... right? Or were you two months off back then?

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
thanks Singledad,
and to answer akmom's question: we were behind which we found out at our scans must have forgot to inform you guys of that.

Update: twins slightly under weight at at 4 pounds 12 ounces but all healthy and doing well. Charlotte is well and happy We also ended up with two boys guess our OB got that wrong!!! name wise we have Harry-Jae William, and Oliver-Jae, pictures coming soon

thanks guys

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
Thanks and we have just changed Oliver's name he is now Connor-Jae Oliver. apparently it sounds better according to my wife.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Congratulations! Unfortunate that they came so early :( did they not try to stop her labor? Hope they don't have to stay long in the NICU. I want to see pics!!! lol :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I am wondering how these babies are doing! :) hope all is well and they are going strong.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
thanks Xero.

there are one or two issues the biggest being the fact that Connor has a slightly smaller heart than Harry, and this has meant that there have been one or two problems there. Good news is that other than that they're doing well and there is no longer any concern however they want to keep them in NICU until next thursday just in case. I'll be adding some photos in the next few days to my profile.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
I'm glad to hear things are going reasonably well. I must be hard not to be able to take them home, but at least it doesn't sound like there are serious issues...

Edited to add: Xero, your boys look so much alike its crazy. It's like you photoshopped two photos of the same boy at different ages together :eek:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Haha!! Thanks Singledad I agree they definitely can't deny each other!! Lol :D

I am glad to hear there are no real major issues! That's great! And next Thursday, that will be hard but really it's not too bad considering their age. :)

skmom

PF Regular
Jun 25, 2009
Shaun Austin said:
twins slightly under weight at at 4 pounds 12 ounces but all healthy and doing well. Charlotte is well and happy We also ended up with two boys guess our OB got that wrong!!! name wise we have Harry-Jae William, and Oliver-Jae, pictures coming soon

thanks guys
Congratulations. Big babies for 30 weeks. My twin boys were born at 36.5 weeks and were 4 lbs 7oz and 5 lbs 12 oz.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
thanks Skmom, yeah but our have all been in the fives and sam was even in the sixes. Just a week and they can come home... can't wait.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
so Harry and Connor came out today and as promised a photo for Xero having issues adding it to here, but if you go on my profile there will be one in the album the kids soon.