They've Picked A Date...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Dane and Brittany have picked a date for the wedding...kind of. They have the month and year (July 2015). They (nor do any of us) want a long engagement but they have to wait until Dane's graduation because of Naval Academy's eligability(unmarried, not pregnant, and have no incurred obligations of parenthood).

They're not doing anymore planning for a while, just thinking and dreaming at this point lol. Just thinking about colors, times, specific dates, places and saving up. Brittany's parents are helping them out with money and so are we but they seem pretty determined to pay for it themselves. They obviously aren't planning the bridal party because the wedding is over 3 years away, but Dane has the best man (Dylan).

We all wish it wasn't so long of a wait but everyone is getting more and more excited.

PS. We called Brittany yesterday and she says that Dane is having a tough time (personally, not scholastically) so she would like us to come up there and suprise him, so we are going up there this weekend along with Dylan, which is actually perfect timing because Brittany will be 19 on the 30th.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Congrats. Their wait is for all the right reasons.

Hope your visit helps Dane. It's tough to know your kids are struggling, hope a visit helps.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww congratulations! :) You raise such good kids Fo7. I can't wait to hear about it when the time comes, and I hope Dane feels better seeing his family.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
He's doing good. Apparently he is having some issues with "friends" tempting him but he said he's staying away as much as possible (one of them is in his class).

He was happy to see us. Amber and I walked in and he had the shocked look on his face, then Dylan walked in and both of them looked like kids in a candy store :)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Father_0f_7 said:
He's doing good. Apparently he is having some issues with "friends" tempting him but he said he's staying away as much as possible (one of them is in his class).
Congrats. And you can let him know we all have problems with that.

Long engagement. Wow I was ready for the planing to end when we got married. 3 years would make me nuts.