Things I have learned......

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Share with us one of the things you've learned recently that might be useful to others.

I learned that you can rather cheaply and easily replace the display in a laptop. $50 and 6 simple screws to remove and replace and I looked like a god in my child's eyes.

What have you learned?

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
That my electricity company halves the bill if you use less than the "average useage for a household of your size"

If thats not incentive to use less electricity, I dont know what is.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I have learned that I am to old for puppies that have a 4 am wake up call. So last night I was mean and put them in their play pen outside so I wouldn't have to hear them......I felt awful a little while later.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I have learned that the key to finding anything that you've lost or hidden, is having a toddler.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Incogneato said:
I have learned that the key to finding anything that you've lost or hidden, is having a toddler.
Now, where did I put that toddler...?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I have learned that I should do a better job remembering what I have agreed to while in a sleep deprived state.

And that a 11 year old knows how to exploit me in said state.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
I have learned that I should do a better job remembering what I have agreed to while in a sleep deprived state.

And that a 11 year old knows how to exploit me in said state.
YES! I had to make a rule that my kids could only ask me questions during daylight hours and I have to have been awake for at least an hour. They were asking my things when I was half asleep and then I would have no memory of it!

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
I have learned that you should live every day as if it was your last, and that life will eventually fall into place. I learned this recently as a good job has come my way, and there may be a posibility of getting a promotion to sales manager if I prove myself.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I learned that Argentium sterling silver is different than typical sterling silver. It still has 92.5% pure silver, but it has less copper in in and it tarnishes more slowly and looks brighter. Not sure how that is going to benefit anyone :) but I thought it was interesting.

I also learned that being a salesperson doesn't mean you are forcing something on someone. I'm very relieved to find this out since I now am on the floor a lot in the store. I don't even have to be outgoing...just have to know what I am talking about and be nice and pleasant with people.

K_Stepmom2b

PF Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2012
CA
I have recently learned that in times of need, its okay to be dependent of someone. And if that someone you are being dependent on loves you, they would do anything for you and not complain - but rather make fun of you to make the whole situation lighter.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I have learned that Chucky E Cheese does not sell beer because it can. But rather because it has to.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
I learned that the way to express the diameter of timber you're looking to sell is expressed by a term called "DBH" or Diameter at Breast Height.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Jeremy+3 said:
Today I finally learnt how to waterproof wood by scorching it, normally I just end up setting it on fire.

I have to admit, this made me giggle.

Today I learned that avocado halves keep better in foil than in cling wrap.

Mama4ever

PF Regular
Dec 9, 2009
I've learned that my kids have a lot to teach me, it's not just me teaching them...
Like how much patience I have. :)

Really, they live in the moment & enjoy it for all it's worth!
They laugh when they feel like laughing.
They cry when they feel like crying.
They love when they feel like loving.